Bimmercode- Start in Sport Mode

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Anyone have any issues after coding the car to always start in sport mode? Sounds awesome on cold start, even with stock exhaust. Just wondered if this puts any additional strain on any components somehow?
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Anyone have any issues after coding the car to always start in sport mode? Sounds awesome on cold start, even with stock exhaust. Just wondered if this puts any additional strain on any components somehow?
~ I donā€™t think soā€¦ for the car still keeps the right side exhaust closed until proper temp or warm up is achieved, then the valve/actuator opens.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Doesn't hurt anything. It opens the second exhaust stem allowing for less back pressure.

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
On cold starts the valve is still closed. Itā€™ll sound the same as a normal cold start. Itā€™s only when the car is warmed up and you start it up (ie. you drove to a store, went in for a few minutes then jumped back in the car and started) is when youā€™ll hear pops and burbles at startup.

This is my experience at least.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I coded mine that way long ago. I keep the damping and transmission in "Normal" however - so I still get good mileage and avoid unnecessary engine strain when just commuting. When actually having fun I'm always in manual mode anyway so it's a non-issue (or I switch to Sport+ mode if not).

OP
OP
foywilliamd

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
On cold starts the valve is still closed. Itā€™ll sound the same as a normal cold start. Itā€™s only when the car is warmed up and you start it up (ie. you drove to a store, went in for a few minutes then jumped back in the car and started) is when youā€™ll hear pops and burbles at startup.

This is my experience at least.
You know, come to think of it youā€™re right. I did make a short trip to the gas station prior to coding. So not a true cold start. Thanks!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Been coded that way for many moons. No issues. Running an AWE Track exhaust w/ AA catted downpipe and it literally shakes the floor in the room we have above the garage and rattles the pictures on the wall on the other side. It's actually pretty amazing.

OP
OP
foywilliamd

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Been coded that way for many moons. No issues. Running an AWE Track exhaust w/ AA catted downpipe and it literally shakes the floor in the room we have above the garage and rattles the pictures on the wall on the other side. It's actually pretty amazing.
Got a chuckle out of that. Thatā€™s great haha. Thanks for all the input everyone

SneakylilPetey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I coded mine that way long ago. I keep the damping and transmission in "Normal" however - so I still get good mileage and avoid unnecessary engine strain when just commuting. When actually having fun I'm always in manual mode anyway so it's a non-issue (or I switch to Sport+ mode if not).
That's a great idea to leave the trans in normal. I have it coded to start in sport all around.
I think after I get the recall done I'll code it the way you have it. Still get the good exhaust sound and better gas mileage while cruising.

sdavidson0316

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 3.0 Premium
st00pid n00b question, please:

I just bought my car and it always starts in sport mode; Iā€™d rather select that for myself. Where are these settings (start mode, tranny mode, steering mode) you are all referring to, or is that in the tuning?

Mine is tuned by Visconti on EcuTek and I havenā€™t yet learned what all is in there vs elsewhere.

Thanks for tolerance!

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
st00pid n00b question, please:

I just bought my car and it always starts in sport mode; Iā€™d rather select that for myself. Where are these settings (start mode, tranny mode, steering mode) you are all referring to, or is that in the tuning?

Mine is tuned by Visconti on EcuTek and I havenā€™t yet learned what all is in there vs elsewhere.

Thanks for tolerance!
https://bimmercode.app/

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional-Grade-Diagnostic-Performance/dp/B07JFRFJG6

choose Z4 as selected vehicle. body domain controller --> driving mode --> default driving mode.

you can search "bimmercode supra" on youtube. i believe i previously used thiccwhips' vid.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/supra-coding-step-by-step.2866/

sdavidson0316

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 3.0 Premium
Can someone help me with what the Supra Normal mode is for me to switch back to? Iā€™ve watched a few videos and read a few threads and everyone talks about how to get to sport mode but doesnā€™t say what the default is.

Here are the options:
IMG_6948.jpeg

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Can someone help me with what the Supra Normal mode is for me to switch back to? Iā€™ve watched a few videos and read a few threads and everyone talks about how to get to sport mode but doesnā€™t say what the default is.

Here are the options:
IMG_6948.jpeg
Comfort. Comfort = Normal for the Supra.
Sponsored