GPS/Cell Antenna Disconnect

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
My Supra is arriving soon and I am looking to see if anyone has been able to successfully disconnect the data transmission from happening in the Supra.

For example, in My GM i disconnected the onstar antennas and they do not transmit any telemetry or data. Which is great because now shit like this is happening

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/technology/carmakers-driver-tracking-insurance.html

I would like to keep the new supra from sending telemetry to Lexis Nexis that in turn sells that shit to my insurance company to fuck me. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts? And no I dont care for the remote start via app. I dont care to use the app.
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I sprayed some FedAway™️ inside the car to limit the amount of data that gets transmitted. So far so good.

Gotink

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2016 tundra 1999 4Runner
I get it Man, sometime we just want to be left alone.Some people also have more eyes watching them then they want.i think you can just pull the SIM card or unplug antenna

OP
OP

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get it Man, sometime we just want to be left alone.Some people also have more eyes watching them then they want.i think you can just pull the SIM card or unplug antenna
Im not paranoid lol. I just refuse to give ammo to the insurance companies to increase my rates based on my driving history. That shit is fucked

I just dont want my insurance jacking up because I had too hard of acceleration or braking. The Vette guys already having this issue with GM and their insurances. It monitors all of it and sends it to Lexis Nexis and then insurance companies buy the info about you.

Feel free to allow this shit yourself but I think its disgusting and should find a way to defeat it

e5dbc1786_7abf222292587f586a8f78333798e0bf9f43108b.png

Scoopra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 premium
Im not paranoid lol. I just refuse to give ammo to the insurance companies to increase my rates based on my driving history. That shit is fucked

I just dont want my insurance jacking up because I had too hard of acceleration or braking. The Vette guys already having this issue with GM and their insurances. It monitors all of it and sends it to Lexis Nexis and then insurance companies buy the info about you.

Feel free to allow this shit yourself but I think its disgusting and should find a way to defeat it

e5dbc1786_7abf222292587f586a8f78333798e0bf9f43108b.png
You could also just not send that info to your insurance

OP
OP

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You could also just not send that info to your insurance
Ya no shit… yes you can opt out which i did. But an update can turn it back on… And Toyota has the same crap too as they partner with LexisNexis also. But the data can technically still be sent without you knowing… the point is to stop it all together. Which is why I asked if anyone has dealt with unplugging the gps/cell antenna in the car
Sponsored