Halp!

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Ive been detailing for 20 years, including 6 years at an exotic car dealer. I dropped my suggestion above, but if you're not comfortable, probably best to leave it to a pro.
All heroes don't wear capes

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, let's see what the dealer says tomorrow.
Don’t worry. No need to replace it. This exact thing happened to me and what I did was take a hair dryer to it and let the heat bring the shape back. The textured surface basically just got squished by the suction cup. It will take time and maybe a few sessions but it will eventually go back to normal. After hitting it with the hair dryer the first time, I also found that some leather conditioner also helped to make it less noticeable. A few more passes with the hair dryer a few days later and it was gone. Just don’t over-do it and burn your dash.

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
Literally..... why would you put it on the dashboard??? Windshield is much much better

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
This happened to me an another car. All I did was clean the area really good with a leather cleaner then added some leather conditioner that made the area a bit shiny(don’t use the conditioner that makes it matte like oem) then let the sun do it’s thing and after a couple weeks I re cleaned it with a leather cleaner and it was gone. The. I went back using my matte leather conditioner for it to look like oem.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well here's the thing, did you use saliva or wet your finger with water..? Cause if you used saliva, that's where you done oof'd up. Saliva has some level of acidity, we don't know how the dash material would react to saliva, not to mention heat aiding to the reaction also.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Well here's the thing, did you use saliva or wet your finger with water..? Cause if you used saliva, that's where you done oof'd up. Saliva has some level of acidity, we don't know how the dash material would react to saliva, not to mention heat aiding to the reaction also.
Yup, spit. Tooie.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
This happened to me an another car. All I did was clean the area really good with a leather cleaner then added some leather conditioner that made the area a bit shiny(don’t use the conditioner that makes it matte like oem) then let the sun do it’s thing and after a couple weeks I re cleaned it with a leather cleaner and it was gone. The. I went back using my matte leather conditioner for it to look like oem.
Which cleaner and conditioner did you use?

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Which cleaner and conditioner did you use?
i used chemical guys interior cleaner followed by vpr. Again it took a couple of weeks for the leather to absorb the product and the car under the sun during the day helped too. Personally I hate shiny seats/dashboards but this was necessary for me to get this out and have it look back to oem. Gently to a medium scrub the interior cleaner then give it a medium firm scrub with the vpr and let it sit and wait at least 1-2 weeks before removing it. I would do the whole dashboard as I did so it all looks consistent. After all that cleared up I used my actual cleaning product for interior which is NV Nourish which is fantastic and it’ll make your interior look brand new oem and smells amazing! Love it but I’m going to try AMMO NY soon to see if I like it better.

BTW I used a round microfiber pad with all products, didn’t use a micro fiber towel as I didn’t want it to be too abrasive.

None of the products will damage anything and if it doesn’t work out just return them and get your money back from the store/Amazon/etc.

Worth a try before getting a new dashboard.

1CA14135-69A9-4AFE-B794-2298E0AAADD8.jpeg

CA8D086F-3C35-464C-9EA7-EC562C948791.jpeg

188AB2C1-A4AC-4E46-BC8C-07D7DE703F11.jpeg

D5E3A722-9D60-4141-ADDE-500AA0D823A9.jpeg
Sponsored