Has anyone bought this?

Teqqah

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
Hi! Has anyone bought these seat covers from Toyota? I'm trying to convert my interior to red and I found all the parts needed on Toyotas website. But I don't know how the seat covers work or look. Is it just a cover that goes over the seat or what? And what do I have to do to either swap or put it on. I couldnt find any info on them so i was just wondering. I called my toyota about them but the guy on the phone was no help. Thank you

1675483725155.png

1675483733057.png
Sponsored

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Didn't even know that was a thing. Also, $500+ for a single cover sounds extremely steep.

Is it maybe the leather, just unstitched? I don't really know much about that

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Seat is just combination of cushions and airbag sensor etc. to my knowledge and experience...

Cover isn't stitched onto the cushion. So you'd get the actual stitched leather. Things fit really tight!

However, I had to take of the cloth cover on my FRS and it truly was a bitch to take it of. Nearly lost my eye due to one f'ing spring loaded wire thingy. Thanks for safety glasses! You may have to remove some plastic pieces, pry things , etc..

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Better off searching the internet for red seats for sale. It's not just remove and replace. Lots of totalled ones with red seats you could probably buy.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Those are the leather seat covers. You’ll have to have the existing covers removed and these installed. I’d recommend a professional to install them.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
For the price of 2 seat covers, you can get some badass red aftermarket seats.

Or see if there's a local upholstery shop who would do the job for you, may be cheaper & less of a headache.

Last option, and I've seen people use leather dye to change the color of their seats. Not sure how it holds up, but could be worth looking into.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
If those are the Toyota factory parts it will just be a cover. You’ll have to remove the seat, its plastics and accessories then the old seat cover off the foam and re hog ring the new cover in its place.
honestly it’s pretty straight forward but time consuming.
I used to install Katskinz leather kits and bullshit at an old job. The OEM covers are the same type of install when we’d get them from the factory for a replacement.
any reputable upholstery shop in your area can do the work for you.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
reputable upholstery shop
ain't that a bitch to find.. forget about reputable, any upholstery shop... chances are it'd cost an arm and a leg. lol. GL

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
ain't that a bitch to find.. forget about reputable, any upholstery shop... chances are it'd cost an arm and a leg. lol. GL
Eh not that bad. My old shop it would have ran like $300 to install a single row of seat replacement covers.
But you’re right, I don’t trust most places. Everyone’s a fuckin hack.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP example of things you can get.

Disclaimer: I don't know the shop, I'm not vouching for the shop, I don't even know if they're legit, but an example nonetheless... (Can't remember which A90 shop was fraudulent, I think this is legit)

Sponsored