Helmet Comfort/Fitment

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Heading to my first HPDE tomorrow. Got a new helmet a couple weeks ago but when I tried it on inside the car the other day the gap between the top of my helmet and the roof is pretty tight (barely a finger’s width). I’m around 6’ 2 ish so spacing was definitely a concern when I got a helmet but I was curious if anybody else has experienced this and if it should be a concern? I can’t really turn my head either (it’s possible but wouldn’t be a quick turn lol).
Sponsored

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Can you lean the seat back a little to lower your head from the roof? Is your seat position lowered all the way? We had an instructor who I’m sure was about your height or taller, and he made it work.

I have to lean the seat back just to get the headrest out of my way.

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Can you lean the seat back a little to lower your head from the roof? Is your seat position lowered all the way? We had an instructor who I’m sure was about your height or taller, and he made it work.

I have to lean the seat back just to get the headrest out of my way.
Yeah I had to scoot the seat forward a tad so I could even recline further (not great when your legs are long) but I could at least sit comfortably looking out straight. Unfortunately I still hardly have any ability to turn my head. I assume it’s also normal to not be able to lean your head back?

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I’m 6’3” snd my helmet touches the roofliner. I don’t have any trouble turning my head.

It doesn’t help with headroom, but replacing the aluminum trim behind the seats with harness bar will give you a touch more legroom.
Sponsored