Time for a new helmet. Suggestions?

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I've had my open face Pyrotect for 5 years now, and I'd like to upgrade to something newer that's full face, SA2020, HANS compatible, and hopefully a little lighter. For the $180 I spent on my Pyrotect it's served me very well for AutoX and my first few track days in the Supra, but it's time for something new.

My budget is between $500 and $1000 (maybe a bit more if I'm REALLY sold on something) but since I really just do HPDEs I don't need anything crazy.

So to the "motorsports" section, what brain bucket are you rocking or do you suggest?
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm also in the market for a new helmet as I've been using my current helmet for 5+ years now and it's a bit nasty.

Current helmet is a Simpson Bandit. Basically the Stig helmet but in Matte black.

Most important thing is getting a helmet that fits your head well. Nothing worse than an uncomfortable helmet.

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the next helmet I am getting. Dealer cost on it is dirt cheap so you should be able to find a pretty decent deal on one.

https://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/helmets/auto_racing_helmets/devil_ray/parts/783003C
That thing is TITS! Definitely having a look!

I'm also in the market for a new helmet as I've been using my current helmet for 5+ years now and it's a bit nasty.

Current helmet is a Simpson Bandit. Basically the Stig helmet but in Matte black.

Most important thing is getting a helmet that fits your head well. Nothing worse than an uncomfortable helmet.
One of my coworkers does pro-am go-cart racing and he told me there's a motorsports safety kinda place in the next town over called RaceChoice. It seems like they stock Bell, Arai, Stilo, Simpson, Impact, etc. I'm just not sure if they have a showroom or not.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Find a good motorsport shop near you, go there, and try on every helmet they have in your price range. Pick the one that's most comfortable. Don't buy a helmet online unless you've already tried it on and know that it fits your head shape well.

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
I've had my open face Pyrotect for 5 years now, and I'd like to upgrade to something newer that's full face, SA2020, HANS compatible, and hopefully a little lighter. For the $180 I spent on my Pyrotect it's served me very well for AutoX and my first few track days in the Supra, but it's time for something new.

My budget is between $500 and $1000 (maybe a bit more if I'm REALLY sold on something) but since I really just do HPDEs I don't need anything crazy.

So to the "motorsports" section, what brain bucket are you rocking or do you suggest?
Depends on your head shape too. I have an Arai. Shoei is for rounder heads.

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Yep, its all about finding the makes of helmet that fits your head shape for safety and comfort..

It’s amazing how different they all are.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've Arai as well. CF.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I ordered multiple from Summit Racing, returned the ones I didnt like no issues or questions asked.

Currently running a Simpson Bandit.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
If you go with G-force shoot me a DM, I have one of their "buy a new supra and get ~25% off" coupons I can provide you.

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Simpson Bandit in Carbon is friggin evil looking! I like that and the Devil-ray a lot. I'm going to try one on first.

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
Check out stable energies next time you’re in NJ, they have a ton of SA helmets. HJC H-10 works great for me, just use an ice cream spoon to push in the foam at hot spots. they can fit you for a Simpson hybrid s as well there.
Sponsored