The Supra GTB - @TWUNDY's Grand Touring Build

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
When building my Supra, I wanted to evoke the essence of something a bit different than the usual JDM, stance, track, or drag setups. I wanted to bring back some of the aesthetics of yesteryear, such as classic Porsche 911's, early BMW M and Alpina cars, grand touring Ferrari's (GTB models), and the like. I especially love the Porsche 911 GT3 Touring, and wanted to build a Supra that would be like a "Supra GT4 Touring". My goal isn't straight-line speed, track lap times, or having the most slammed car possible. I want to build a grand tourer that rides smooth and looks classy, timeless, and elevated. This will be mostly a cosmetic build with subtle performance mods.

The Supra is truly a modern sports car that rivals some strong European competition, such as the Porsche Cayman, Jaguar F-Type, Lotus Evora, Audi TTRS, Alfa Romeo 4C, Mercedes SLC43 AMG, and more. I wanted to bring the Supra up to have the same visual drama, elegance, and road presence as some of these European sports cars, while still retaining its JDM heritage and character. Hopefully, this turns into something one of a kind.

Here's the first stage of what I feel that vision looks like:
IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg
IMG_1464.jpg

20" BBS CH-R Wheels (I believe I'm the first to ever run this setup on a Supra), with special centercaps, lip decals, and lug bolts from BBS Japan (akin to the BBS RE-MTSP and GT4 Race Wheels)
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus Tires
HKS Hipermax Touring Adjustable Springs
Max Orido Front Lip & End Fins

I feel like these all combined gave my Supra the visuals and performance I was going for. The BBS are lightweight and share the design of the timeless BBS monoblock race-spec wheels seen on countless GT cars. The Continental all seasons have a softer ride than the stock Michelin PSS tires, plus I can drive on them year round in all weather conditions - a true grand tourer. By sizing up to 20" wheels it has a bit of added presence, while still allowing the tires to have enough meat. The HKS Hipermax Touring springs give the perfect minimal drop while retaining factory dampening and ride. And the Max Orido front lip adds just the perfect amount of front substance, and it has an OEM+ look (the end fins even mimic the end fins seen on the Porsche GT3 and GT4 front lips).

You can also follow my Instagram @TWUNDY to stay up to date on the build. Cheers ✌
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dig the looks!! Love the wheels and center caps/color match with reflectors, pads & taillights.👍

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
god this is so gross, i absolutely love it🤤

OP
OP
Twundy

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Added:
Blackline Silver Billet Paddle Shifters
Blackline Sport Steering Wheel Insert
Blackline Red Billet Fuel Cap Cover
BMW M Dead Pedal
Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Passenger Dash Trim
Weathertech Cargo Mat
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_8557.jpg
IMG_8468.jpg
IMG_8454.jpg
IMG_8445.jpg
IMG_1450.jpg

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Love your originality on this build!

Source for the M dead pedal?

OP
OP
Twundy

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Thought some bright red interior bits would add a pop of retro racecar flair, but feel like it could have been original. Seems to be the theme - if Toyota made a "GT4 Touring" what would it look like?

Also added some checkered floor mats from Japan to keep up the retro GT vibe.

Installed the IND Red Start Button and Carbonex Billet Aluminum Hood Latch Handle (Custom paint matched red by IND):
IMG_4908.jpg
IMG_4910.jpg
IMG_4913.jpg

Leasim83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91
Car is proper no tacky stuff, very nice! Are the paddle shifters extensions or complete replacements of originals, and are you satisfied with the quality?

OP
OP
Twundy

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Car is proper no tacky stuff, very nice! Are the paddle shifters extensions or complete replacements of originals, and are you satisfied with the quality?
Thank you! The Blackline paddle shifters are complete replacements of the originals. Very satisfied with the quality, they look OEM and feel great in the hand. However, since they are much larger than the originals, I wouldn't recommend shifting at the far ends of the shifter (seems like it could flex), and still using the central area the original shifters occupied. You would have to replace the entire shifter module if you wanted to use the full length, with something like the clicky JQ Werks Madtrace shifters.

MacAllan30

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, LC200
Who would you recommend to help with installation of suspension/DP/exhaust in the DFW area?

OP
OP
Twundy

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Who would you recommend to help with installation of suspension/DP/exhaust in the DFW area?
I installed everything at Texas Track Works in Fort Worth. Cost is high, but the quality of their work is great. Definitely would recommend them for the suspension + alignment.

PRT Performance in Lewisville is where a lot of other Supra guys go as well, the most prominent Supra tuner in DFW.
Sponsored