Help identifying part

Hulu

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
So I recently tried installing the FTP charge pipe. The smaller inlet that connects to the turbo had did not seem to have a gasket that came with it and so I thought the gasket from the OEM would fit. There didn’t seem to be a groove to fit it in properly and so i just placed it within the inlet and inserted it into the opening.

Bad move.

Unfortunately im now experiencing boost leaks and the gasket i put onto the new chargepipe fell off when i test drove the car.

Has anyone encountered this issue or similar? What are some ways i can go about fixing this issue. I tried calling Toyota but any part is backordered for 3-4 weeks.

I also tried identifying the OEM charge pipe on the Toyota website but nothing stuck out. Does anyone happen to know it?

A lot of questions but any help would greatly appreciated.🙏🏻

Thanks guys.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hulu

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
Dude you’re a lifesaver. Thank you.

OP
OP

Hulu

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
BMW part# 13718696103

The FTP part does have gasket in it already though...

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 2.05.32 PM.png
Unless it isn’t rubber, I didn’t see one. The pipe also didnt seat very well. I’ll need to take pictures of it next time i take my car apart to give a better visual. I readjusted the angle of the pipe multiple times but it never seemed to feel fully secure in there.

i really hope it’s just user error on my part and not a defective part.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Unless it isn’t rubber, I didn’t see one. The pipe also didnt seat very well. I’ll need to take pictures of it next time i take my car apart to give a better visual. I readjusted the angle of the pipe multiple times but it never seemed to feel fully secure in there.

i really hope it’s just user error on my part and not a defective part.
There is a inner ridge that the seal goes into

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 2.41.17 PM.png

OP
OP

Hulu

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
I noticed that but didn’t feel like there was a groove to put a gasket in.

Either way, gonna take the car apart when it comes back from the shop today and pull out the charge pipe. Ended up ordering the gasket too from the part you listed. Hopefully it works.
Sponsored