A91 salvage Supra project

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z, rx8, subaru sti, b3 coupe quattro
Hello. So I have a bit of a problem guys...
Short story:
Bought this A91 out of salvage auction few weeks back. The plan is to bring it back to Europe and fix it. So the main thing is that the key and front bonnet from my car gone missing after I purschased the car. Despite key and bonnet were with the car while standing on the auction lot.
Is there any chance of finding the first owner of this car? Maybe he or she is on this forum or maybe someone have access on this kind of info? Just want to ask if previous owner by any chance could have the spare key, service books and maybe provide additional info of the car? I do know that I can order new key at the dealer, but they are charging 600 euros for a key + additional labor needed for connecting it to a car. If someone could help would apreciate a lot.
Vin: WZ1DB0C0XMW037066

Screenshot_20220113_111458_edit_1046614005691848.jpg
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
If keys were listed then Iā€™d file it to them, Iā€™d go as far as buying a key from the dealership and demanding reimbursement

OP
OP

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes we already claimed for the lost parts. But my guts tell me there will be no luck.
I believe car came at the auction from insurance company that decided not to repair the car any more, thats why it is missing some parts. Just to be clear I bought it knowing that the car is missing full front bumper and few bits under the bonnet. Sadly bonnet and keys went missing after the auction which sucks...

OP
OP

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So the car should come in two weeks and I still try to find original owner. I was wondering if official toyota dealer could dig out info who is the first car owner? Or is there any way of finding US citizen if the name is known? (besides social network because I wasn't able to find it).

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
So the car should come in two weeks and I still try to find original owner. I was wondering if official toyota dealer could dig out info who is the first car owner? Or is there any way of finding US citizen if the name is known? (besides social network because I wasn't able to find it).
They for sure could but then they would probably be breaking laws to do so

OP
OP

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes I am aware of that. But I guess this is the only way to find out if owner is not in this forum.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Yes we already claimed for the lost parts. But my guts tell me there will be no luck.
I believe car came at the auction from insurance company that decided not to repair the car any more, thats why it is missing some parts. Just to be clear I bought it knowing that the car is missing full front bumper and few bits under the bonnet. Sadly bonnet and keys went missing after the auction which sucks...
Sounds like it might be time for a lawyer. :)

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Yeah if I only live in USA ? it sucks but I will probably have to accept how it is now...
You don't have to live in the US to hire an attorney here. That or maybe try to find a contact you can trust here that can deal with the auction company on your behalf....Good luck man, sorry to hear they are screwing you over. There are no shortage of schmucks here in the states that are opportunists.

OP
OP

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You don't have to live in the US to hire an attorney here. That or maybe try to find a contact you can trust here that can deal with the auction company on your behalf....Good luck man, sorry to hear they are screwing you over. There are no shortage of schmucks here in the states that are opportunists.
Thanks. I have no choice but to wait for the car and start the repair. I will update on this project on here. ??

P. S. If someone has any leads to a previous owner, please contact me or post here. āœ”

OP
OP

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Finally, supra came today. Will have to check in more detail this week and order missing parts. I tried to start the engine, starter were turning over the engine but it won't start. Will try to fully charge battery and try again next day. But I am really happy that car came so quick. Oh and the missing key were in the car after all. Good news. ?

Attachments

OP
OP

a80b2q

First Name
Adomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I spent some time today to see what was the damage of that side hit. Looks like I will need whole knuckle with all the control arms and shock absorber... Plus the strut tower lower side are cracked. I need to start looking for a good aluminium master.
P.S. earlier I ordered few aftermarket parts which came today like wheel spacers, lowering springs, armaspeed air intake, strut bar, anti-buffeting flaps. Will instal those once car be running. ?

P.S.S. While looking under the car I noticed oil drips under the gearbox. I guess I will have to look at it after front suspention done. (still wasn't able to start the engine today, battery charger still shows strong charging of the battery after whole day being on, will keep it on until tomorrow).
Sponsored

Attachments