• Total voters

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
I wanted to hear some of y’all’s take on this. Have the very unique opportunity to get into a 981 GT4 but I will need to sell the Supra to do so. In terms of driving experienced the GT4 is miles ahead but I’m stuck on where the Supra might be in 10 years. Do you think it will have the reputation of the MKIV and do you think the A91 limited editions will be sought after (500 made)? The GT4 (981) is a limited edition car too but I wonder if it will be better/as good as the Supra long term. Feel like the A91 Supra might be the car no one has at a show in the future. At the end of the day, I know none of us have a glass ball so I just wanted to hear y’alls opinions as I don’t want to make a mistake here!

Quick info on my car too:
12,000 miles
Unlocked ECU
Little to no mods
Babied.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You “special edition” blokes are all the same its not even funny anymore…
Damn. When did this forum get so toxic. Just what some input here guys! Not trying to act like I have the most special car in the world!

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I mean, a GT4 is one of the few cars I’d consider over the “punches above its weight” Supra. If you have the means, I don’t think you’ll regret it.

Supra pros: ability to have a GT ride when you’re not in the mood to get after it; that sweet torque.

Everything else goes to the GT4 in my opinion.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
You would have to drive it - from all my Porsche friends say that the car is really not meant for the street - gears too long and it does not have the power as the Supra can have.

At the end of the day it is a Porsche GT car so it will probably hold its value.

I personally see the Supra, in the future, as being something really cool to find not ragged out - but not something that will be a collectible in the future.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You would have to drive it - from all my Porsche friends say that the car is really not meant for the street - gears too long and it does not have the power as the Supra can have.

At the end of the day it is a Porsche GT car so it will probably hold its value.

I personally see the Supra, in the future, as being something really cool to find not ragged out - but not something that will be a collectible in the future.
I have to agree with you there. Also, good point about the gearing—that seems to be the biggest complaint. While the MKV has very similar tuning potential to the MKIV I think the bmw aspects will either make or break it. On one hand, the B58 on paper with nostalgia set aside is a worthy replacement for the 2JZ but I don’t think it can live up to the complete absurdy that was the MKIV. When they went all out an made a truly marvel of engineering for the time that people slept on versus now when they semi-conservatively partnered with BMW.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have to agree with you there. Also, good point about the gearing—that seems to be the biggest complaint. While the MKV has very similar tuning potential to the MKIV I think the bmw aspects will either make or break it. On one hand, the B58 on paper with nostalgia set aside is a worthy replacement for the 2JZ but I don’t think it can live up to the complete absurdy that was the MKIV. When they went all out an made a truly marvel of engineering for the time that people slept on versus now when they semi-conservatively partnered with BMW.
Also important to note that the Supras have sold decently well but are on the decline sales wise where the MKIV was the complete opposite. That was a big driver of its charm too is that they were hard to find non-JDM.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Also important to note that the Supras have sold decently well but are on the decline sales wise where the MKIV was the complete opposite. That was a big driver of its charm too is that they were hard to find non-JDM.
The MKIV sold like crap at the end of its run too - so much so they pulled it from the USA and kept selling it in Japan.

I think the reasons for the MKV drop in sales is due to 1) the cut in output due to supply chain issues 2) the cut in output due to the model ending in 25/26 3) Everyone wants one so they are sold before they even hit the lot - kind of like Nintendo does with its consoles 4) The Fed cooling off the economy so everyone stops selling/producing for a while.

I dunno - im rambling.

Nocturnal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 MT Premium
GT4 is everything our Supra isn’t. I love the Supra as much as the next person here but the GT4 is perfect. The long gears are fine, it has plenty of power to get through them. Sounds INCREDIBLE. They are apples and oranges at the end of the day. I can only afford apples.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The MKIV sold like crap at the end of its run too - so much so they pulled it from the USA and kept selling it in Japan.

I think the reasons for the MKV drop in sales is due to 1) the cut in output due to supply chain issues 2) the cut in output due to the model ending in 25/26 3) Everyone wants one so they are sold before they even hit the lot - kind of like Nintendo does with its consoles 4) The Fed cooling off the economy so everyone stops selling/producing for a while.

I dunno - im rambling.
Think you’re spot on with those actually. A combination of of them all is driving the price down for sure.
GT4 is everything our Supra isn’t. I love the Supra as much as the next person here but the GT4 is perfect. The long gears are fine, it has plenty of power to get through them. Sounds INCREDIBLE. They are apples and oranges at the end of the day. I can only afford apples.
100% Though I can’t have both apples and oranges 😂
Sponsored