KBG

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The vertical height of the car will not change on the Supra regardless of what mode you are in.
Maybe TC then as mentioned earlier? Sitting in line I got off brake for a second and it started again (even slid foot further left to ensure I wasn't riding the gas pedal). No codes reported, Bimmerlink shows battery at 88%. The good/bad news is it seems that I'm the only one with this oddity.
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Maybe TC then as mentioned earlier? Sitting in line I got off brake for a second and it started again (even slid foot further left to ensure I wasn't riding the gas pedal). No codes reported, Bimmerlink shows battery at 88%. The good/bad news is it seems that I'm the only one with this oddity.
~ perhaps you can grab a yard stick to note the wheel well arched height differences in some photos?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Did someone really mention that compression value changes in the strut will change the ride height?

I find it hilarious that some people just make shit up sometimes on this forum. This thread will now no longer be anywhere close to facts.

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
I don't think sport mode does what you're describing. The engine idle RPM is not different. The tuning is not changed. Shift points are higher and throttle mapping is changed.
Could someone chime in if the timing map is same between Sport and Normal? Only thing I can think of is using timing advance to change torque output without changing RPM

OP
OP
KBG

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Sorry for the lack of updates. I was able to reproduce the issue this past weekend. I backed it out of the garage for bath time and put it in Drive, while still on the brakes I felt the front lift so I went into Neutral and of course without load, the front dropped. I went back into Drive and of course the front lifted but then it started to cycle at this point. I was able to observe a very slight drop in RPMs which coincided with the front dropping. Granted the car was cold but this happens even after a good 45min drive.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Sorry for the lack of updates. I was able to reproduce the issue this past weekend. I backed it out of the garage for bath time and put it in Drive, while still on the brakes I felt the front lift so I went into Neutral and of course without load, the front dropped. I went back into Drive and of course the front lifted but then it started to cycle at this point. I was able to observe a very slight drop in RPMs which coincided with the front dropping. Granted the car was cold but this happens even after a good 45min drive.
~ unfortunately a video or measurements will be needed to support your beliefs. 🤔

OP
OP
KBG

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah I tried to catch a video of both rpms and the front movement with an object for reference but by the time I got my phone to focus it subsided and rpms dropped to around normal idle. The best way to explain it is stand on the brake and apply throttle then let off. Hell if I know...maybe just gremlins in the tune.

allenh427

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Rather than the front lifting, it might be the rear that's dropping, such as the torque converter.

Either way, take a video!

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
chiming in with another suggestion, could it be the auto levelling sensor(s) being damaged which could cause the struts to 'adjust'? :dunno:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
chiming in with another suggestion, could it be the auto levelling sensor(s) being damaged which could cause the struts to 'adjust'? :dunno:
For the 5,000 time, there is no dynamic height adjustment.

I see the OP is tuned. If the tune messed with idle RPM and Throttle mapping, I could see were the car could bring the throttle and torque target up at a certain low RPM and do what is being described.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
For the 5,000 time, there is no dynamic height adjustment.

I see the OP is tuned. If the tune messed with idle RPM and Throttle mapping, I could see were the car could bring the throttle and torque target up at a certain low RPM and do what is being described.
I wasn't suggesting that be the case, more that the dampener is stiffening causing the apparent lifting, but who knows? his supra probably wants to be a cheata :D

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I’m pretty sure either everyone in this thread has been trolled or OP has problems beyond his car…