5 days after catted Active Autowerke downpipe and a CEL popped up

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I guess it gives you the option to switch to catless (effective get $ back for cat upcharge) or try another catted one that may do better.
I think it should be fine if the CEL can be cleared with a tune or I just go back to oem downpipe. Not sure if the car is a keeper yet. Might trade in for a final production year supra down the line.
Sponsored

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
knock on wood, but still no issues with an AA dp, HKS drop in and Protune on map 4.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
going on 1,000 on the setup and just got back from a 350 mile trip

LVCATZ

First Name
Ameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV A90, S4 B8
I have the catless/race Active Autowerke downpipe. That will throw the CEL. I think the guarantee is only for the 200 cell downpipe. Got to say, it's the best sounding downpipe I've heard. I can clear it with the JB4, however it comes back depending on driving style pretty quick (under 25-50 miles)

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I have the catless/race Active Autowerke downpipe. That will throw the CEL. I think the guarantee is only for the 200 cell downpipe. Got to say, it's the best sounding downpipe I've heard. I can clear it with the JB4, however it comes back depending on driving style pretty quick (under 25-50 miles)
I have the catted one and it threw a CEL

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I have the catted one and it threw a CEL
Did you ever reach out to AA regarding the CEL on the stock tune? Did you hear back? Any other mods at the time?

I finally ordered an AA catted DP as it seemed to be the one with *NO* CEL after my month-long post:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ha...-cel-guarantee-catted-downpipes-no-tune.7859/

I'm only asking since I want to hold off on tuning mine and I don't want to use the JB4 just to clear the code after it comes on. I know a lot of folks just "deal with" the CEL, but I'm not comfortable driving with it constantly on - especially since the light doesn't exactly tell you what code(s) it is for and why.

Did you ever have an option to return it since it gave you a CEL on a stock car?

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Did you ever reach out to AA regarding the CEL on the stock tune? Did you hear back? Any other mods at the time?

I finally ordered an AA catted DP as it seemed to be the one with *NO* CEL after my month-long post:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ha...-cel-guarantee-catted-downpipes-no-tune.7859/

I'm only asking since I want to hold off on tuning mine and I don't want to use the JB4 just to clear the code after it comes on. I know a lot of folks just "deal with" the CEL, but I'm not comfortable driving with it constantly on - especially since the light doesn't exactly tell you what code(s) it is for and why.

Did you ever have an option to return it since it gave you a CEL on a stock car?
Same question. I understand the AA catted dp recently went to a new/different catalytic converter for this unit. Can't remember where I read that though
Sponsored