OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I can't speak for this brand, but my Frequency Intelligent catted 200CEL downpipe never gave my any CEL in the 2K miles I ran it without a tune. I am currently tuned stage 2 for about 300 miles and no issues with this still.

Are the o2 sensors correctly bolted in place?

Hopefully you can get this resolved.

Cheers,
-V
There hasn't been a CEL since Saturday so it may have been some weird thing, and everything was installed good.

Actually debating right now if I get a tune at BrenTuning soon or go Ecutek like most on the forums, I do prefer having my tuner local though.
Sponsored

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
There hasn't been a CEL since Saturday so it may have been some weird thing, and everything was installed good.

Actually debating right now if I get a tune at BrenTuning soon or go Ecutek like most on the forums, I do prefer having my tuner local though.
Nothing against BrenTuning, I have tuned my WRX there in the past...but I think they only do BM and I am not a fan of that software for this platform. I recommend ECUTEK if you can, as it is much better software in general and tuning capability is greater as well. I hear Mike Botti is pretty good and is in CT if you are willing to make that drive.

I'm currently running a stage 2 tune from Speed Industry with ECUTEK and it is an etune, with only one slight revision post data log. Car is fantastic.

Cheers,
-V

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Update on mine - I was able to get some driving in this weekend and here was what I found:

My Setup - Titan Protune Piggyback, Ingen Intake, Powerneedy Catted DP

On Tune 1 - Stock - I get no CEL or pending CEL.
(Tune 2 for the Titan is for Valet and I dont use)
On Tune 3 - Stage 1 Tune - I do not get a CEL in my testing at this point
On Tune 4 - Stage 2 Tune - I get a CEL pending relatively quickly and a Permanent CEL within 30-50 miles or less depending on how hard I am getting on it.

I do not think they guarantee no CEL on a tuned car - as they cannot control the tune \ air \ fuel \ etc being pushed thru the engine and into the exhaust. So if you do not get a CEL without a tune - then I think that is their guarantee. But once you tune - I have a feeling that promise

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Haven't checked it yet but thats all I have for performance mods and the install wasn't the best as the bracket seemed to be bent. Has anyone else gotten a CEL from their downpipe? They guarantee No CEL but here I am most likely with one from the downpipe.

Edit: P0420 was the code I just pulled from the reader, this is really disappointing.

What bracket was bent? The Active Autowerk should not have the mid bracket like most other DP's do.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Look at all the other pictures aside from the first one. Mine doesn't have a mid bracket and the review speed industry did comparing several DP's and the AA did not have a mid bracket.

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
I am in the same boat. Powerneedy Catted DP and Titan Pro tune. P0420 in map 4 with hard full pulls, none with Map 3 at first then I got one.

Added a 02 extender (L shaped one_) and got a different CEL. Pulled out the extender and the titan and still got a P0420. Normal driving wont pop a code nor will driving in standard mode vs sport.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I am in the same boat. Powerneedy Catted DP and Titan Pro tune. P0420 in map 4 with hard full pulls, none with Map 3 at first then I got one.

Added a 02 extender (L shaped one_) and got a different CEL. Pulled out the extender and the titan and still got a P0420. Normal driving wont pop a code nor will driving in standard mode vs sport.
Do you have an intake as well? You can try to see about getting the downpipe swaintech coated or cerakote to see if that helps.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Look at all the other pictures aside from the first one. Mine doesn't have a mid bracket and the review speed industry did comparing several DP's and the AA did not have a mid bracket.

That's weird, but mine definitely had it on there, wonder if the BMW has it and the Supra isn't supposed to

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's weird, but mine definitely had it on there, wonder if the BMW has it and the Supra isn't supposed to
The PowerNeedy catted DP has the bracket and the AA one doesn't. It's not 100% needed but it's piece of mind to have it to mount up to.

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
I don't have a intake yet, didn't know about any coatings. I may just go flash tune at some point. My county in VA does not test emissions so its not a huge problem. I had a test pipe on a S2000 years ago, didnt care for the rotten egg smell, otherwise I would have just installed DP sans cat.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
The PowerNeedy catted DP has the bracket and the AA one doesn't. It's not 100% needed but it's piece of mind to have it to mount up to.
lol mine 100% had it on and is still on so maybe it's been updated.

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Do you have an intake as well? You can try to see about getting the downpipe swaintech coated or cerakote to see if that helps.
Its the tune. No amount of coating or anything else will stop the CEL except coding it out (Which is basically like erasing the CEL every time it goes on) or running the stock tune. Once the tune pushes the engine harder you will almost always throw a CEL with a high flow CAT.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its the tune. No amount of coating or anything else will stop the CEL except coding it out (Which is basically like erasing the CEL every time it goes on) or running the stock tune. Once the tune pushes the engine harder you will almost always throw a CEL with a high flow CAT.
I had a Titan Protune with an MST intake, PowerNeedy Catted DP and ran map 4 without any issues. The only difference was the intake and coating between OP and myself. Hence it was a suggestion.
Sponsored