First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
@Jaxness Did you ever resolved this? Do you know which front sensor caused it? I have the same issue
Washed the front bumper with a pressure washer, really well around all the front sensors.
Issue went away

Reactions: zrk

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Reviving this old thread as I had this issue pop up two weeks ago. Wanted to leave something without making a new thread on it on how it was fixed.

As stated, issue came up. Safety system couldn't be activated. For me, that really wasn't an issue as I leave only the blind spot on and turn off the other stuff. However, the damn error pop ups were annoying as hell. Cruise control fails when this occurs as well.

Also, the car isn't even 2 years old yet!

Day after it came up, took it in the local dealer by me. They said weather causes this to happen. I was like, rain in Cali just ended and it's sunny so rain shouldn't trip up the radar. Plus I've driven it in heave rain before no issues after. After having it a few days the had to borrow a Calibration tool from a BMW dealer down the street. Said my Radar was not aligned correctly and that was issue. One they called me, I came to pick it up. Took 5 days for them to try this.

I drove the car 5 minutes, error came back on.

I brought the car in right away and was like this needs to be fixed. The ordered the part, which MSRP is $3000.

Here is something very important to note. If they see any sort of damage, even a small ass rock pebble grazing it, Toyota will deny warranty repair. My car is almost mint/fully stock.

They ordered it and had it in stock. Replaced the Radar. Had Toyota ship them the Calibration Tool from another location. They said Toyota only lets one of these tools be at a location at a time.

After the replacement/calibration, cost of the job is about $5000.

Warranty took care of it but make sure if you have no damage you really make sure to state it. Took some follow up just for something that should have been covered but because it is a part that does not fail normally, they had to be like hmmm...

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Here is something very important to note. If they see any sort of damage, even a small ass rock pebble grazing it, Toyota will deny warranty repair. My car is almost mint/fully sto

After the replacement/calibration, cost of the job is about $5000.

Warranty took care of it but make sure if you have no damage you really make sure to state it. Took some follow up just for something that should have been covered but because it is a part that does not fail normally, they had to be like hmmm...
I’m dealing with this right now. The PPF on my bumper had a scuff. they claim it damaged the sensor And don’t want to replace my radar under warranty.

Not sure if it would help to get a second opinion from a different dealer after removing the PPF since the paint underneath is undamaged.

they also claimed the car noted a bump/collision at 40 mph but not sure how they’re getting that since it was sitting in my driveway at the time they mentioned.

To top it off, I asked them to do the 30K mile service while it was there and they didn’t change the brake fluid (yes,I know most ppl do their own but I’m old and don’t have the tools to do that kind of thing anymore)

First Name
Kvon Chanel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3
Hello all…

I had this same issue happen to me today while driving back to Cali from Arizona. My car has only 750+ miles atm. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hello all…

I had this same issue happen to me today while driving back to Cali from Arizona. My car has only 750+ miles atm. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️
Mine went out at 1500 miles and they fixed it no problems. Went out again at 30000 and now they claim I damaged it when I didn’t…

hope they fix yours without any issues. Seems to be a thing with Supras.

First Name
Kvon Chanel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3
Oh no very sorry to hear that!!! 1,500 and now at 30,000…?!! I really hope the dealership can replace/fix it for you considering how much you paid for the car is ridiculous to have such issues especially early on. I just picked up my car Saturday from Texas. Now I’m back in Cali! Longest drive I ever did for a car! Was hot as heck 🥵 thankfully I made it and brought back tons of bugs 🐛 splattered on my car 🚙 😆

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Oh no very sorry to hear that!!! 1,500 and now at 30,000…?!! I really hope the dealership can replace/fix it for you considering how much you paid for the car is ridiculous to have such issues especially early on. I just picked up my car Saturday from Texas. Now I’m back in Cali! Longest drive I ever did for a car! Was hot as heck 🥵 thankfully I made it and brought back tons of bugs 🐛 splattered on my car 🚙 😆
Sounds like a bit of a drive! Glad you made it home safely, and welcome to the club.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
You'll get that message if the sensors are caked with bugs or the sensor by the top of the windshield is covered in bugs. Have you cleaned your car?

First Name
Kvon Chanel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3
You'll get that message if the sensors are caked with bugs or the sensor by the top of the windshield is covered in bugs. Have you cleaned your car?
Washing my 🚙 That’s on my list of things to do today 😆 Ugh seems like this is going to be annoying process how sensitive the sensor is due to bugs, weather, etc.

Mkv_cap

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Mine just popped up. My car is getting MHD tuning, Pure800 done. Tuner said it happened a few days ago while driving. Any thoughts on what people have done to resolve? My basic warranty is up so hopefully its an easy fix.

Setoville

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I had this exact warning pop up a couple days ago- I hope my response can help someone here in the future.

The error appeared after I drove in very heavy rain. I originally believed it was an issue with the camera near the rearview mirror. I cleaned the windshield around the camera, but this did not fix the issue.

I tried to reset the car by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 20 minutes- did not fix.

A couple days pass, and I discovered that the adaptive cruise control would fail to start, however regular cruise control worked. This led me to believe it may be an issue with the front-facing radar, not the front-facing camera.

I noticed the front-facing radar cover area (passenger side of the car) was slightly dirty. So I just cleaned it off and all my errors went away. Very strange.

I can't say for certain if cleaning the radar cover fixed it. It is entirely possible that something in that radar module was wet, and took some time to dry before functioning correctly- just speculating here.
Sponsored