Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Edit 7/3/23

If you are having this problem, see this response from Rexspeed:

Hey all,

Just got the update from our factory, we got a small bad batch chip last year that caused the warning issues. We're now remake the chips and will offer the exchange for the issued pair.

If you're also having the issue, please PM us with the video that shows the warning keeps popping up and the receipt / invoice (mainly to make sure if the product is from 1 of our dealers or directly from us.), we'll arrange a new replacement set shipped to you after the new batch is ready.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions, thank you guys for helping us solve this!
Original Post

Hi guys,

Has anyone run into this problem? The blind spot indicators light up just fine, but I'll sometimes get a constant ping of Reduced Driver Assistance Warning popups whenever a vehicle is on my sides. The master tech at my local dealership returned the following error codes (attached) and thinks it's likely an issue with the mirror being defective.

I've also attached my wiring (excuse the mess, never fully cable managed it with electrical tape like I had planned due to the errors...) - the white cable doesn't' seem to connect to anything and I've just left it hanging - could this be why it's throwing errors?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping it's not a defective unit.

Additional info:

The mirrors in question:
https://speedindustry.com/rexpeed-s...heated-anti-fog-rexpeed-blind-spot-monitoring

errorcodes.png

20230522_174108.jpg

20230522_174205.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well... Do you have the original mirrors??? That's the obvious trial..

Maybe loose connection?

OP
OP
Exertim

Exertim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well... Do you have the original mirrors??? That's the obvious trial..

Maybe loose connection?
Sorry, I forgot to mention: These errors did not pop up when I swapped back to the OEM mirrors. I'll double check tomorrow that everything is snug just in case.

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
In your left side picture there's a connector that isn't plugged in. If you didn't wire tuck well, there's a chance that one of the wires got pinched.

Sorbit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
So I also bought these mirrors. Swapped in the new ones and everything worked fine but the blind spot malfunction kept popping up nonstop. Unfortunately for me when i swapped back to the oem mirrors I still kept getting the error as well.

I also had the extra cable on the drivers side that didn’t plug into anything.

OP
OP
Exertim

Exertim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I also bought these mirrors. Swapped in the new ones and everything worked fine but the blind spot malfunction kept popping up nonstop. Unfortunately for me when i swapped back to the oem mirrors I still kept getting the error as well.

I also had the extra cable on the drivers side that didn’t plug into anything.
Were you ever able to fix the problem? I double checked and all the connections were as tight as possible, and I didn't see any pinched cables. I'm surprised you're still getting the errors even with the OEM mirrors as they're gone as soon as I slapped mine back on.

The good people over at Speed Industry are sending me a new pair just in case they're a bad batch. Will report back if that fixes my problem.

Tel0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf Cart
Did you ever find out the problem? Im getting the same error with Suma mirrors.

Gmoney10120

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Were you ever able to fix the problem? I double checked and all the connections were as tight as possible, and I didn't see any pinched cables. I'm surprised you're still getting the errors even with the OEM mirrors as they're gone as soon as I slapped mine back on.

The good people over at Speed Industry are sending me a new pair just in case they're a bad batch. Will report back if that fixes my problem.
I just bought the same Rexpeed polarized mirrors from Speed Industry and I'm having the same issue. Did the replacement mirrors Speed Industry sent you stop the "reduced driver assistance" warning from popping up?

OP
OP
Exertim

Exertim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just bought the same Rexpeed polarized mirrors from Speed Industry and I'm having the same issue. Did the replacement mirrors Speed Industry sent you stop the "reduced driver assistance" warning from popping up?
I'm still waiting for the replacements to arrive, so no feedback at this time. I will say that all errors stopped popping up as soon as I swapped back to the OEM mirrors.

Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
I'm still waiting for the replacements to arrive, so no feedback at this time. I will say that all errors stopped popping up as soon as I swapped back to the OEM mirrors.
Hey Henry,

The extra white plug / cable in the driver side is for the Anti-Glare of the OEM mirrors. Since the polarized mirrors already have the anti-glare function on it, we recommend that you use the waterproof tape to wrap and fix it in the mirror base.

As for the Reduced Driver Assistance Warning, we believe that it will stop pooping out after the Anti-Glare function is closed from the car screen or the computer from the body shop.

Hope the info helps, please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions, many thanks!

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Had a pair back from 2021 with GR logo and it worked fine, but the passenger side started to have air bubbles form from the adhesive peeling. I had replacements ordered and installed about 2 weeks back, I've had the error ever since. I haven't tried putting OEM back on since the mirrors still work as intended with anti fog+blind spot still lighting up, but just the odd message of reduced blind spot assistance.

@Rexpeed great customer service even after having purchased it for 2 years.

OP
OP
Exertim

Exertim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As for the Reduced Driver Assistance Warning, we believe that it will stop pooping out after the Anti-Glare function is closed from the car screen or the computer from the body shop.

Hope the info helps, please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions, many thanks!
To be clear, is the Anti-Glare function something that can be coded out with Bimmercode or is this something I'd need to bring in to the dealership with a Supra tech?

My replacements arrive tomorrow, but I'm not feeling too confident with other recent buyers experiencing similar problems.

Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
To be clear, is the Anti-Glare function something that can be coded out with Bimmercode or is this something I'd need to bring in to the dealership with a Supra tech?

My replacements arrive tomorrow, but I'm not feeling too confident with other recent buyers experiencing similar problems.
Hey Henry,

We checked the monitor on our car, and it seems we don't have the option to turn off the anti-glare, could you please confirm if yours has the option since our car model 2021 Supra instead of 2023, and there are some differences between these 2 models.

If not, then it can only be turned off by the body shop computer.

And we just sent you a PM hoping to get the issues pair back from you to confirm where the issues came from, if you can take a look and get back to us would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Exertim

Exertim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey Henry,

We checked the monitor on our car, and it seems we don't have the option to turn off the anti-glare, could you please confirm if yours has the option since our car model 2021 Supra instead of 2023, and there are some differences between these 2 models.

If not, then it can only be turned off by the body shop computer.

And we just sent you a PM hoping to get the issues pair back from you to confirm where the issues came from, if you can take a look and get back to us would be greatly appreciated.
I can confirm that I do not have the option to disable anti-glare on my 2023 model. I'll pop them in and do a bit of driving to see if the issues reoccur - will follow through with the shipping request if the errors pop up again.

Thanks a lot for the response, I'll follow up soon.

Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
I can confirm that I do not have the option to disable anti-glare on my 2023 model. I'll pop them in and do a bit of driving to see if the issues reoccur - will follow through with the shipping request if the errors pop up again.

Thanks a lot for the response, I'll follow up soon.
Hey Henry,

Thank you so much for the updates, please feel free to let us know if the warning still exists after you turned off the Anti-Glare option on your car, many thanks!
Sponsored