Rear axle differential lock reduced

ARDILAGARAGE

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota Supra GR 3.0 Launch Edition
Oh right guys, so I recently changed the rear differential cover after it got hit and broke. So I went a head and ordered a new rear cover for the diff and installed it. i put new fluid on it and turn on the car and got a rear axle differential lock warning on the screen.( No yellow or red engine lights) . So we put the Asys on the car and these are the codes it got.

Codes:
-482BA6: Servomotor, actuation positive engine terminal and negative engine terminal wires mixed up.
-482BAB: Plausibility fault in servomotor movement .

After I saw the codes I went ahead and replace the servomotor and diff lock module to see if that was the issue but it did nothing. No changes after we put the new servomotor and module.

Is there maybe a fuse on the car that can be causing this issues? I want to see if i can check something else before I buy new differential.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored

OP
OP

ARDILAGARAGE

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota Supra GR 3.0 Launch Edition
IMG-20230622-WA0014 (1).jpg

The diff isn't really serviceable. If it got hit hard enough to break, it's likely broken internally. Swap it out.
This was the damage the differential took.
Question, How can I make sure this problem it is coming from the differential itself and not from something electronic? Because it seems more like a electrical problem than mechanical. I dont hear any noises coming from the differential.
Is there maybe a test i can do?
Thank you again for trying to help me out.

Last edited:

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
How does the diff cover get hit like that???

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Thinking two things. 1st one is have you driven around enough to see if it just goes away? 2nd, if those codes were already there then something electrical was also damaged. Looking at the diff in the picture shows the electrical components attached to it. I doubt you can get that part separately. Also making sure the ground has good contact?

1692901134627.png

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Looking at the diff in the picture shows the electrical components attached to it. I doubt you can get that part separately.
You can.

Set positioning motor (the motor hanging off the side)
BMW: 33109894394
Toyota: 41400WAA01

Temp sensor
BMW: 3310784769
Toyota: 89429WAA01

Ground strap
BMW: 12428742822

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Have you checked for proper power and ground going to the motor?
Sponsored