5 days after catted Active Autowerke downpipe and a CEL popped up

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
I had a Titan Protune with an MST intake, PowerNeedy Catted DP and ran map 4 without any issues. The only difference was the intake and coating between OP and myself. Hence it was a suggestion.
How long have you been running protune? I thought you said you were not tuned - Did you remove it? How come?
Sponsored

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
The coating should in theory keep more heat in the cat so its a cleaner burn maybe.

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
So I found a small leak on the exhaust right at the clamp, I will need to jam the pipe tighter to fill the gap, the stock DP is at least a 1/4 longer there and it slides in deeper. I sent air up the exhaust with a blower I have and sprayed the joints with soapy water to find the leak.
IMG_2118.JPG

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
But that's after the cat isn't it? Could that be the cause of your code?

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Just had an AA catted downpipe installed paired with a HKS exhaust on stock tune. No CEL on the drive home, but driving to work in 50F degrees weather CEL came on with a little spirited driving.

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just had an AA catted downpipe installed paired with a HKS exhaust on stock tune. No CEL on the drive home, but driving to work in 50F degrees weather CEL came on with a little spirited driving.
What was the CEL for?

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Mine is still on but will be getting a tune next thursday as well as double checking the downpipe connection

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
What was the CEL for?
This is what my bluetooth OBDLink is showing. Kind of scared to clear it since it says the car may drive differently while recalibrating itself after the code is cleared. Planning to get it tuned so maybe that'll make it go away. Just a bit annoying seeing the light on.

Screenshot_20201002-122141.jpg

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah - I have the Powerneedy Catted DP - Get the same thing. They are working on a solution - hopefully!

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
This is what my bluetooth OBDLink is showing. Kind of scared to clear it since it says the car may drive differently while recalibrating itself after the code is cleared. Planning to get it tuned so maybe that'll make it go away. Just a bit annoying seeing the light on.

Are you going to try and make a claim under the no CEL guarantee? While you're still on stock tune anyway it should be covered...

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90

Yup thats the cat code, so much for a no CEL guarantee lol

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Are you going to try and make a claim under the no CEL guarantee? While you're still on stock tune anyway it should be covered...
Will that really do anything for me? Even having it exchanged/fixed I would have to pay more to have it taken off and having a new one reinstalled. :doh:

The pops it unleashes is amazing though.

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Will that really do anything for me? Even having it exchanged/fixed I would have to pay more to have it taken off and having a new one reinstalled. :doh:

The pops it unleashes is amazing though.
I guess it gives you the option to switch to catless (effective get $ back for cat upcharge) or try another catted one that may do better.
Sponsored