Help with fitment

Mk5.Mau

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Mk5 Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions I had regarding our cars fitment and buying new wheels. I am not too familiar with fitment and all the specifics and just wanted some clarification. The stock supra wheels are 19 x 9 and 19 x 10, but most of the wheels I am finding online are 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5. Would this .5 width increase cause the stock 275/35R/19 tires to stretch, and if it does would that be okay? Or would i need to go to a bigger tire to compensate? On top of this, if i were to get 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5s and decided to lower the car about 1.5 inch, would this cause rubbing? I am unsure if lowering the car on springs is a must when buying new wheels, but suspect it would look best to do so considering there is a bit of wheel gap with the stock ride height. If anyone could help answer these questions i would really appreciate it! Thank you to all.
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Tires would be stretched just a little on a 10.5” wheel.. probably nothing to be concerned with..
As for lowering and rubbing, the biggest factor in that would be wheel offset and tire profile..

Steve