HKS Adjustable Springs

_suprajay_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
I’ve been trying to figure out if I should get the HKS Springs or coils, does anybody have the HKS adjustable springs set on the lowest height so i can see how low it can get?
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We just sold a set locally and he's planning on installing it soon.

Can't say that for the coils locally.

-Josh

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I’ve been trying to figure out if I should get the HKS Springs or coils, does anybody have the HKS adjustable springs set on the lowest height so i can see how low it can get?

Fast forward to 4:33. I think this dude went with the lowest setting.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX

Fast forward to 4:33. I think this dude went with the lowest setting.
That looks just a little lower than the default height to me.

This is at the default height, they can go another ~1" lower than this:
dsc_0519_small-jpg.jpg

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

dsc_0519_small-jpg.jpg
Thanks for clarifying. I have a set of HKS springs ready to be installed this Sunday. This also helps me as a frame of reference.

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350

dsc_0519_small-jpg.jpg
Car looks great. Two questions, if I may: What front lip is that, and are your reflectors tinted or paint-matched (hard to tell in the pic)? Thanks.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Car looks great. Two questions, if I may: What front lip is that, and are your reflectors tinted or paint-matched (hard to tell in the pic)? Thanks.
Lip is the Maxton v3

Reflectors are paint-matched from IND. The color is perfect, I think there’s just some odd shadowing in the pic that makes them look a little off.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra

dsc_0519_small-jpg.jpg
Since you have them, figured I’d ask as I have them to at default height. I’ve had some rubbing/scraping if I hit a dip at speed. Any issues for you?

Last edited:

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since you have them, figured I’d ask as I have them too a default height. I’ve had some rubbing/scraping if I hit a dip at speed. Any issues for you?
You will scrape. Aftermarket exhausts will scrape, your front lip will scrape. Aftermarket lips will like super scrape. You gotta learn to angle it & it's fine

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
You will scrape. Aftermarket exhausts will scrape, your front lip will scrape. Aftermarket lips will like super scrape. You gotta learn to angle it & it's fine
Yeah I’m aware of the angling and such for driveways and shit.
I’ve never had the issue driving down the road and hit a dip and had it scrape prior to this car. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wasn’t sure if it was just me. Granted I haven’t had a chance to jack it up and look and see what’s hitting.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I’m aware of the angling and such for driveways and shit.
I’ve never had the issue driving down the road and hit a dip and had it scrape prior to this car. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wasn’t sure if it was just me. Granted I haven’t had a chance to jack it up and look and see what’s hitting.
Yeah, definitely. If it makes you feel better about it though I have the HKS fronts on max low, rears aren't on max but close to it. I also have a pretty aggressive front lip that drops my front end more & rarely scrape with the right angling. Granted idk what roads are like in tucson but can't be much worse then socal if they are worse lol

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Yeah, definitely. If it makes you feel better about it though I have the HKS fronts on max low, rears aren't on max but close to it. I also have a pretty aggressive front lip that drops my front end more & rarely scrape with the right angling. Granted idk what roads are like in tucson but can't be much worse then socal if they are worse lol
yeah I haven’t had a huge issue but if I’m on it and hit a dip or hit a dip with speed I definitely get something contacting. I’m not even talking like ridiculous speed or something.
probably just need to get off my ass and look to make sure it’s not anything more than the underside of the front lip that hangs down.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since you have them, figured I’d ask as I have them to at default height. I’ve had some rubbing/scraping if I hit a dip at speed. Any issues for you?
At speed? Nah nothing scrapes while driving down normal roads. Pulling in and out of driveways and stuff it will though if you don’t angle it well.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
At speed? Nah nothing scrapes while driving down normal roads. Pulling in and out of driveways and stuff it will though if you don’t angle it well.
Yeah normal roads nothing is an issue but a dip that causes the suspension to compress I’m getting some contact somewhere. Guess I need to take a look.
Sponsored