HKS downpipe "METAL CATALYZER"

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I daily my car, so I looking to see if its worth it. I am surprised that they said its not suitable for 2020 yet its giving you good results, and by the looks of it might be the same for a 2021+. I do wonder tho if its better than a AA or AMS catted (if we did not worry about the CEL) for sound.
I think it's not marketed for 2020 because it didn't pass emissions in Japan. Other than that I like the sound not to loud.

homieblacksky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I bought it because it was HKS lol. That alone was worth it for me. Yes it's a stupid reason to buy. Overall quality is good I think. Welds were good. Not sure about it fitting stock exhaust I put it on my already installed HKS exhaust. But people have installed the hks exhaust onto stock downpipe so I assume it fits.

CEL came on twice but situations was when I switched to sport and immediately floored it. Error was basically l saying o2 sensor is over heating. I went 1500km without it going on after clearing it. I dont drive that much so if it turns on once every few months I'm fine with clearing it and continuing on with my day.

I have the HKS downpipe too and had the same experience as you. My 2022 supra is stock tune. CEL popped up twice but after clearing it both times it never came back. Like you said from my experience, switching to sport and immediately flooring after cold start it impacts the o2 sensor readings because it is so sensitive.

z2050

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I have the HKS downpipe too and had the same experience as you. My 2022 supra is stock tune. CEL popped up twice but after clearing it both times it never came back. Like you said from my experience, switching to sport and immediately flooring after cold start it impacts the o2 sensor readings because it is so sensitive.
Is it louder than AA catted? Or what would you say even if you have not experienced it

homieblacksky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Is it louder than AA catted? Or what would you say even if you have not experienced it

Sound wise, I cannot compare to AA catted as I never owned one. On paper, HKS technically should be louder than AA because HKS cell count is 150.
Sponsored