MST v2 metal pipe, is this normal?

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
It is tight when the rest of the system is installed but ..I dunno I feel like it should not be that loose on the turbo inlet.

Sponsored

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
No that not normal, check the bottom clip

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
No that not normal, check the bottom clip
I have the bottom clip in place, I am wondering if it is not installed properly. I placed the metal clip from bottom of the pipe with the opening facing upwards towards the hood. It clicked in and locked in place, does not allow the pipe to be pulled out all though it does spin about and inch in both directions.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Did you transfer the gasket from the OE pipe to the new pipe? There's an o-ring on the inside diameter. I believe it's orange. Could also be pale green.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
No this is not normal. take it off and just install the inlet to see if it's still loose. It is time consuming, but ur best option to detect the problem.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
I did pull everything off and there is the orange gasket, however it was smushed a bit out of place, cleaned re installed it with the gasket off my own air box and it seems a bit more tight but still wiggles in place. It does match to this video at this point so I think that is as good as it gets.

Problem is I rode dirt bikes for a long time and sucking in dust through the airfilter is a huge concern which is why I am pretty nervous about this fitment.
Sponsored