• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Hood vent samples

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Nice! I figured a smoke test may be useful, but if you have an even better idea I'd love to see it.
The smoke test with my old fog machine is the idea I had actually.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Adding vents like this should reduce IAT, but like some have mentioned, introduces a new problem with allowing water to collect in those channels meant to dissipate heat. There is some built in drainage, but not sure how much it’s actually meant from a top-down water scenario.
It shouldn't have any effect on Intake Air Temperatures, even with an exposed filter element design, but will help reduce the overall Under-Hood Air Temperatures.

The vent plugs certainly aren't watertight, and the axle-back sides of the clamshell hood have adequate drainage holes. There's also a "sticky-looking" anti-corrosion coating along the inside edges of the hood structure itself, so no need to worry about drainage or potential corrosion.

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe that the IAT tends to be affected heavily by heat soak from under hood temps. The two are highly correlative.
Forgive me, I was only thinking about the air temperatures at the mouth of the airbox inlet itself, in the stock location, while the vehicle is in motion.

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
you are right?
Any updates on this ? .... i did get hold of the standard vents and cut them out and put a mesh grill and i cant believe how much heat comes out of them after a "run" !!!! please let us know ETA

comic0guy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Just a note for folks. Since this isn't a clear passthrough from the top of the hood to below the hood, things can get stuck in there.

I remember my Evo X had a hood vents, it got some tree seeds or something in the hood. I never could tell a great way to get them out. So every time I opened the hood, you heard things rolling around.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Just a note for folks. Since this isn't a clear passthrough from the top of the hood to below the hood, things can get stuck in there.

I remember my Evo X had a hood vents, it got some tree seeds or something in the hood. I never could tell a great way to get them out. So every time I opened the hood, you heard things rolling around.
Are you sure it wasn't a 10mm socket?

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio

I really want these vents but you’re describing the automotive equivalent of getting a pick stuck in a guitar… nothing on Earth is more frustrating.

1647960189156.gif

Last edited:

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Maybe, clearly i didn't try very hard.
Short story time: I lost a half dollar down the door panel of my grand dad's car when I was a child. I was holding it against the window and rolling the window down. Rubber popped up over the coin and down it went. He had to take the door panel off the retrieve it.

comic0guy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Short story time: I lost a half dollar down the door panel of my grand dad's car when I was a child. I was holding it against the window and rolling the window down. Rubber popped up over the coin and down it went. He had to take the door panel off the retrieve it.
haha. We had a cell phone slide down an air vent in a 90s Dodge Caravan. Somehow someone's arm was skinny enough to reach it. Almost couldn't get it.

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

Hence i would ONLY go for a vent with a mesh grill to keep leaves/stones out