• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Hood vent samples

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Ive never seen the 3.0 vents to compare but these don't have any opening at all.
2FC5A533-8358-409D-BC39-B42F6BBEC8A4.jpeg

idk if it would be safe for the 3.0 (probably need all the air it can get?) but @zrk said above the flow wasn't great anyways.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Ive never seen the 3.0 vents to compare but these don't have any opening at all.

idk if it would be safe for the 3.0 (probably need all the air it can get?) but @zrk said above the flow wasn't great anyways.
Same as the 3.0.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone ever fogged it to see if this path actually exists and what volume it can move? I can stick my finger in there and feel the breaks in the skeleton of the hood between the compartments. I don't smoke, or I would light up a cigarette and see what happens.
I can do this, but it's so incredibly marginal that the little gaps in the side of the vents are going to move exactly as much air as removing them.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

This is a stock piece. 2.0 and 3.0 both have this.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I can do this, but it's so incredibly marginal that the little gaps in the side of the vents are going to move exactly as much air as removing them.
Way back when, people wondered if the fender vents on the RX8 were functional. When the car is still, the vents do nothing. When the car is in motion (if i remember correctly above 40mph), thermal cam showed heat exhausting out of the vents.

Two ways to prove if the vents on the Supra are functional or not, smoke or thermal cam at speed.

Whose going to do it????

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
You know what? I'm a moron. I have a thermal camera literally sitting on my desk next to me. Let me charge it up, wait for a break in the conference calls, and I'll run out to the garage, pop the vent, and get a video. Should be able to pull it in a format I can upload to YouTube.

EDIT: With the caveat that it's with the car stationary and @AutoDelight 's point about the vehicle in motion won't apply. I can try and rig that up but it will need to wait until after work or later in the week.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Absolutely zero emissions from the vent when stationary, which I suppose was predictable.

FLIR_20220614_035245_556.jpg

Hot point on the road at the end of the driveway. Also predictable based on the perspective of the picture. Video isn't worth sharing. As I don't want hang a $1k phone out of the window when driving, which is what the camera plugs into, I ordered a USB-C extension cable that should work. I'll rig up some way to mount the camera on the outside of the vehicle so I can get a video and some pictures while driving. I may need to wait until it's less than 100 degrees outside to really get a good idea of what, if anything, is coming out of there at speed, but I'll try! I've seen so much speculation and so many different answers about it, I'm interested in putting it to bed.

I'd still be interested in smoking it to verify the pathway is open, @zrk, if you're willing.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolutely zero emissions from the vent when stationary, which I suppose was predictable.

FLIR_20220614_035245_556.jpg

Hot point on the road at the end of the driveway. Also predictable based on the perspective of the picture. Video isn't worth sharing. As I don't want hang a $1k phone out of the window when driving, which is what the camera plugs into, I ordered a USB-C extension cable that should work. I'll rig up some way to mount the camera on the outside of the vehicle so I can get a video and some pictures while driving. I may need to wait until it's less than 100 degrees outside to really get a good idea of what, if anything, is coming out of there at speed, but I'll try! I've seen so much speculation and so many different answers about it, I'm interested in putting it to bed.

I'd still be interested in smoking it to verify the pathway is open, @zrk, if you're willing.
Sure, I have a smoke tester.

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra Manual Strat Blue
same material as factory fake vents
alright Dr. Tuning. I’m trolling this thread at this point. Last we spoke you mentioned 6 months or so to get the remaining fake vents sorted and now just the hood vents? Lol. These are very nice and compliment the tear drops very well, but I need you to address the hideous door garnish vents or someone needs to make a design that isn’t carbon fiber that eliminates them entirely. Then, the ones on the rear bumper beneath the taillights, too. Are these close to being done?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
This is it.

Though, there is airflow under the hood gasket obviously. The airflow from the radiator and side vents in the front very clearly allows flow into the engine bay itself. However, there are only a couple of holes in the skeleton of the hood that allows for air to vent through. These definitely will not show any difference. If you are actually looking to reduce IATs/improve airflow under the hood, the Verus hood louver is what you're after.
Can you post a link to the Verus louvre @zrk ? And thanks!