How many miles have you driven the SUPRA and are you satisfied?

Dino

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Not how many miles on your supra, how many miles have you driven it and are you happy with it?

So if you bought it new, that would be the miles on the car. But if you bought it used then state the miles driven.
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
2023 MT Model here, bought from factory new.

2100 Miles in total, over 10 months of ownership.

Very happy customer here overall.

Main things I would say are:
- Wish exhaust was louder (EU regs fault not B58 fault).
- I REALLY don't like reverse gear insertion, it's pathetic.
- Road presence is supreme, everyone loves it.
- I personally feel the driver seat is ever so slightly off center from steering wheel and pedals: this means after 1.5-2 hrs driving it gets very uncomfortable/leg/butt cheek cramping.
- 1st to 2nd gear is a bit tricky to get smooth - a little frustrating (I don't care if it's the clutch delay valve, it's not my job as the paying customer to have to perform an advanced mechanical change to remove it).
- Steering wheel, honestly, what a shame, it really is so bland in comparison to such a stunning exterior design masterpiece.
- Gear shifter is lovely, smoothe finish, notchy gear changes.
- I don't like the electric parking brake button - it would have been a nice touch for the Manual version to have an old fashioned hand brake, but all in all, perhaps we're lucky to even have a manual transmission at all.

If you have any specific questions Dino please feel free to ask.

OP
OP

Dino

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Great observations Supra UK!

Apart from design of steering wheel, how do you like the feel of steering?

And have you had any annoying alerts coming up on the LCD for no reason and needed to be fixed?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Just passed 10,000 miles, I'm the original owner, I daily drive it (in the winter it's stored) and absolutely love it still after 3 years. It's BY FAR the best car I've ever had, and I've had a lot. The B58 is a dream, the ZF8 is incredible, and the chassis (or Toyota's tuning of it) is superb. I leased mine because I wasn't sure at the time of purchase, but I'll be buying it out 100%.

I'm about to take delivery of a GR Corolla Circuit Edition for winter and occasional daily driving, so I'm curious to see which one I'll gravitate to.
20230610_140455.jpg

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Great observations Supra UK!

Apart from design of steering wheel, how do you like the feel of steering?

And have you had any annoying alerts coming up on the LCD for no reason and needed to be fixed?
Thank you - I would have to say that I only had 1 other performance car in my life so I have very little to compare to vs many others here so I hope they will reply to you.

What I would say about the steering is that it does feel slightly "heavy" at the front and perhaps not as connected and direct as I expected, I also haven't yet had enough spirited drives on twisty roads (the area I live in is so shitty roads wise) so I haven't experienced the Supra's handling to the fullest, yet (planning to).
Sorry I couldn't help more on that.

Regarding lcd pop-ups, no, I have had none at all so far.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I am the original owner of a 2020, about 9000 miles.

Great chassis, great engine, great body style. Easy car to work on, and mods are cheap (by car mod standards). It's a good platform to build power.

But the fit and finish of the interior is a Superfund Site-level dumpster fire. The door cards rattle. The B-pillars rattle. The trunk rattles. The screen rattles. Some unknown crap in my center console rattles. All the panels around the seatbelts rattle and buzz. It is the single worst car I've ever driven for interior rattles, and I've driven dozens (hundred+?) of cars.

The steering wheel is anemic. I replaced it.

The lack of Android Auto is positively criminal, given that ~50% of the phones sold in the US are Android and 3/4 of the global phone sales are Android. I added it, but Toyota is full of shit on this one.

The wireless charger sucks.

BMW iDrive sucks. Too many menus, too many nannies, too many ECM sub-modules. Wish it had a Hyundai-Kia infotainment. Coding is especially pernicious.

I really like the seats.

Cruise control and audio buttons should swap sides. I said what I said.

Factory alignment is meh. Lack of OEM camber control is double meh.

BMW is a bunch of assholes for using TTY bolts.

I like the car, because it's composed and fast. But good Christ is it an abomination on the inside.

//edit: the ZF is so f'ing good I'm considering swapping one into another car of mine. It is _unbelievably_ fast compared to manual and other autos. I think the only transmission I've felt was faster is the Porsche PDK. It truly feels like a DCT.

Last edited:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm right about 4k miles. Zero complaints other than all the electronic interventions, but that's anything new, these days.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
But the fit and finish of the interior is a Superfund Site-level dumpster fire. The door cards rattle. The B-pillars rattle. The trunk rattles. The screen rattles. Some unknown crap in my center console rattles. All the panels around the seatbelts rattle and buzz. It is the single worst car I've ever driven for interior rattles, and I've driven dozens (hundred+?) of cars.
I have none of that. You're speaking of mods, are you lowered? Slammed it on super stiff springs or coilovers and then surprised the interior gets shaken to shit?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I have none of that. You're speaking of mods, are you lowered? Slammed it on super stiff springs or coilovers and then surprised the interior gets shaken to shit?
I'm glad your car has none of that. Mine has buzzed and rattled in the above ways since about mile 300 in factory fresh condition. What does surprise me, however: my bone stock Supra rattled more than my boosted, chassis braced, all-poly-and-aluminum bushings Genesis Coupe that's 10 years old. Which is to say: the Genesis does not rattle at all. It's stiff as a board without an ounce of rubber left in it, but not even the occasional tick. So, let's say I have some deep personal experience with what's possible in interior finishing and the Supra is on the bad kid's list.

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Bought a 2020 Supra used with 17k miles at the beginning of this year and have added about 4.5k more miles on to that since picking it. Been loving every moment and always look forward to hopping in the car to go for a drive.

Only complaints I really have are that the wireless charger is so slow that it is pretty much useless and the speakers/subwoofers rattle when playing music even at low bass/volume (fixed using the guide of the forums).

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I am the original owner of a 2020, about 9000 miles.

Great chassis, great engine, great body style. Easy car to work on, and mods are cheap (by car mod standards). It's a good platform to build power.

The steering wheel is anemic. I replaced it.

The lack of Android Auto is positively criminal, given that ~50% of the phones sold in the US are Android and 3/4 of the global phone sales are Android. I added it, but Toyota is full of shit on this one.

The wireless charger sucks.

BMW iDrive sucks. Too many menus, too many nannies, too many ECM sub-modules. Wish it had a Hyundai-Kia infotainment. Coding is especially pernicious.

I really like the seats.

Cruise control and audio buttons should swap sides. I said what I said.

Factory alignment is meh. Lack of OEM camber control is double meh.

BMW is a bunch of assholes for using TTY bolts.

I like the car, because it's composed and fast. But good Christ is it an abomination on the inside.

//edit: the ZF is so f'ing good I'm considering swapping one into another car of mine. It is _unbelievably_ fast compared to manual and other autos. I think the only transmission I've felt was faster is the Porsche PDK. It truly feels like a DCT.
This guy 100%. Nailed it on the head.

The interior isn't like horrible, but I wish it was a little better. I replaced the steering wheel and I also did interior lighting and was fairly simple to install and made the car look so much more premium. The interior is okay... but for a 2020+ model so many other cars are looking so good these last few years

I wish the hud showed RPM, or at least something more useful than just speed. But at this point I'm nit-picking. The car it sell drives great, my catless dp and ARK Exhaust gets a lot of compliments, I do think it's one of the best sounding 6 cylinders on the market.

I am 15K miles, original owner 2022. It's my daily, and my only car. I don't expect to get rid of it anytime soon.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
2022 bought brand new in nov '22. Crossed 20000 miles already. It's comfortable for the trips I take, comfortable for daily driving.

I wish I could fit a set of track wheels in it. I miss that aspect from my brz.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Reading the other replies I feel like I'm driving too much. I've had my 2023 MT for 4 months and I have almost 10,000 miles on it. I daily drive it to work and take it whenever I go see my sister or parents. When winter rolls back around I'll go back to driving my Tundra.
Nah. They're meant to be driven. Some of us just have other cars we use as daily drivers. I bought mine to use for track days. I'm too lazy to swap the wheels and tires out so I never drive around town lol