How many miles on your Supra?

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
My February as new 2022 UK car is at 9400 miles so approximately 4.5K per year …. It hides in the Garage and only comes out on fair weather days
Been agonising over whether to keep mine or sell it
Sponsored

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
2019 launch edition, I've just passed 6000 miles.

As a second car it doesn't get used much, but it still feels like a special occasion when I do drive it, even if just to the shops in it.

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
Just got mine out after sleeping for 3.5 months and I have just over 5k miles but that will go up alot this year. picked it up in late Oct 2022.

Howzer73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X3 M40d, BMW 420d
June 22 3.0 Pro bought new and main car just turned over 13000 miles. Just changed tyres for a full set of Continental Sport Contact 7's for the summer. Definitely not a garage queen.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I’m not a UK driver but…Texas car, daily driver 2021 3.0 Premium, owned 3.5 years at 35K miles.

Bought it when my C8 order was taking longer than I could afford to wait. Until recently, I planned to replace it with a 2024 Z06 but had a hard time rationalizing the price difference so I’m keeping the Supra. I have 1 kid in college out of state, another starting in two years, restoring a vintage jag race car, and would like to retire in seven years so cash is king right now. Plus I enjoy driving my MKV 🏎 😎

PS. Problems I’ve encountered…steering rack was replaced at 1500 miles and dealers look for every opportunity to not repair the radar cruise control under warranty (it’s gone out twice).

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Im on 21000 miles with my 2020 3.0Ltr but its my only car so does everything from going to the Tip with a boot full of crap all the way to Caffeine & Machine. Cant say its been issue free but its a good car to do miles in.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Bought my 2023 A91 6MT Februay 2023. So far I'm at 5,357 miles. It's not my daily and I work 7 miles from home so my commute is short. I can also work from home a couple days of the week. The MKV is my grocery getter or car to run errands in.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten, garage kept. 10,300 miles in Florida. She's a creampuff and not molested with aftermarket tuner parts. Fast enough for me. 💕
I agree with this comment. These guys on the forums adding big turbo kits and crazy amounts of power are braver than I am. It's got enough power to zip in and out of traffic or out of a jam if needed and that's good enough for me.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im on 21000 miles with my 2020 3.0Ltr but its my only car so does everything from going to the Tip with a boot full of crap all the way to Caffeine & Machine. Cant say its been issue free but its a good car to do miles in.
What issues if you don't mind me asking? I get tired of the Toyota BMW haters online saying Toyota (Magna Steyr) built a piece of crap with the collaboration. How BMW's are so unreliable that this thing will fall apart in the near future, etc. The typical "it's not a realible true toyota like the mkiv was" crowd we all know or have encountered before...

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
What issues if you don't mind me asking? I get tired of the Toyota BMW haters online saying Toyota (Magna Steyr) built a piece of crap with the collaboration. How BMW's are so unreliable that this thing will fall apart in the near future, etc. The typical "it's not a realible true toyota like the mkiv was" crowd we all know or have encountered before...
Windows squeaking when going up and down like nails on a chalk board (needed new window seals and some sort of inner liner as it had perished). Top tip actually is to make sure you clean out the drain holes on the bottom of the door to prevent this if you live in very wet country. They are hard to spot.

Knocking from the passenger side rear boot area - cannot solve this and have spent hours trying.

nasty loud vibration in the door speaker on the passenger side that drove me nuts. Toyota ended up replacing the whole door card. They blamed BMW for not selling the door cards in sections.

Boot (Trunk) struts aren't the best probably due to the small ducktail spoiler i have. Better in summer than winter but does get on my nerves. I also think this doesn't help with the thing constantly re-latching itself making the hatch release button on the drivers door basically useless.

The biggest one for me was Throttle hesitation which im happy to say im lucky enough to have gotten solved unlike most people struggling to find a tech to work on it properly.

Lastly had that issue with the black on the back of the Toyota badge come off making it look really gross so got those changed out.

Mostly minor things but they have tainted the experience a little. Never had a car this new with so many little issues. Ive not listed the ones i dealt with caused by the previous owner either. kind of feels like death by 1000 paper cuts but whoever owns it after me is going to have a great car!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
2 years and almost at 11k miles. Mixed use. Track, drive to the track, and occasional drive to work.
Sponsored