UK - There's an outstanding recall on your Toyota Supra

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Was just checking when my MOT was due and this popped up.

Anyone know what it's for?

I'm waiting for Toyota to call me back as they didn't know (no surprise)

Screenshot 2023-08-23 125746.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Ok, so found out it's related to engine management software... being sceptical, are they going to flash and lock my ECU :(

1692792260897.png

funbobby

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra lexus rcf
Having just had mine mapped this is rather annoying as i just checked mine and it came up despite having a MOT about a month ago and no mention of it then.

funbobby

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra lexus rcf
Just checked on the toyota website and it says mine is fine despite what the MOT website says, strange.

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Having just had mine mapped this is rather annoying as i just checked mine and it came up despite having a MOT about a month ago and no mention of it then.
Yeah the message definitely wasn't there last week when I checked.

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
There was a recall a while back for the Supra, the brake servo pump or something, that needed an ECU flash. I had that done April last year and that caused it's own issues.

However I am also getting the note on the MOT page to say there is a recall for the vehicle. But it doesn't show when checking on the Toyota site: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker

I called the Toyota number and the guy I spoke to said the MOT picks up recalls from the manufactorer, not the specific model. He checked my reg while on the phone and confirmed there wasn't an outstanding recall for it.

If in doubt, check on https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker and call:

0800 046 7469
Opening Hours
Mon-Sun: 8:00-20:00

Stuvy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK2 Type R
This has popped up when checking my car, but I see its dated from 2021. When I bought my car in Nov '22 it seemed an update was already done as my ECU had been locked; its a '20 plate so it shouldnt have been unless an update had been done.

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
There was a recall a while back for the Supra, the brake servo pump or something, that needed an ECU flash. I had that done April last year and that caused it's own issues.

However I am also getting the note on the MOT page to say there is a recall for the vehicle. But it doesn't show when checking on the Toyota site: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker

I called the Toyota number and the guy I spoke to said the MOT picks up recalls from the manufactorer, not the specific model. He checked my reg while on the phone and confirmed there wasn't an outstanding recall for it.

If in doubt, check on https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker and call:

0800 046 7469
Opening Hours
Mon-Sun: 8:00-20:00
Thanks for the link. I checked and mine isn't due anything either. My car is a Oct 19 build (although registered in 2020). Problem is, the lady I booked the MOT with mentioned that any outstanding recalls appear as an advisory on the MOT test.

1692862465207.png

Stuvy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK2 Type R
I went into my local dealer today for another issue; and they asked me if it had been done; and I said I think it had. They checked; and it was done. SO best just check with Toyota

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Same here. MOT website claims there’s a recall, checked in Toyotas website and called them they confirmed it had been done.

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Yeap, Toyota called me back and said nothing outstanding either. Mine had a brake something recall done in 2021. She hadn't heard of the oil\vacuum pump recall or any related issues. Close the thread :)

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Yeap, Toyota called me back and said nothing outstanding either. Mine had a brake something recall done in 2021. She hadn't heard of the oil\vacuum pump recall or any related issues. Close the thread :)
Think it's totally fair and reasonable IMO to keep the thread open it still shared some interesting stuff and prompted me to "check the checker" from the Toyota website and have peace of mind :headbang::respect:

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Think it's totally fair and reasonable IMO to keep the thread open it still shared some interesting stuff and prompted me to "check the checker" from the Toyota website and have peace of mind :headbang::respect:
Yeah for sure, was just kidding :)

Will be interesting to see if the warning on the DVLA site disappears, or perhaps even the Toyota website updates and show a recall.