First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Do you keep them on???
Disclaimer: I'm in the UK so very very narrow roads. I'm also not urban, so single lane farm roads sometimes.

I turned off land departure after the first time it kicked in, super annoying.

Adaptive cruise control can't by used at 30mph on bendy streets. It see's parked cars in bends as being head on and will stop the car even if your steering input is correct for the bend.

All the rest have been false positives so far. Several alerts of collision (Red car symbol appears on the HUD), all of which were incorrect.

The worst incident, narrow road. Cars parked down one side, so its single file. Cars coming the other way had stopped, I had passed the parked cars, turned back into my lane and was past the car it alerted too, but it slammed on the brakes as if I were going to hit it (There was nothing in front of me)

It also has trouble with pedestrians on curvy hills. Was going down hill around a bend, it alerted me to the pedestrians on the pavement despite them being about 30ft away.

I'm going to leave them on default for now, but very tempted to turn them all the way down to minimum. It's very aggressive if it thinks your gonna crash. I'm more concerned about tail gaiters hitting me due to a false positive than I am about it preventing an accident.

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
I had a very bad experience with the front collision warning where i was driving fast (140kmh/85mph) on a highway bend and on my adjacent lane there was a slow driving car and for some reason the supra thought i was driving into it and decided to slam the brakes as hard as it can which made me almost lose control and crash into the side wall, luckily i manged to control it and slow down but always been paranoid since

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ Thanks for the input! Yeah try Customized with everything set to minimum. I don't drive much near pedestrian crossings so its never gone off. I have seen the collision warning for vehicle ahead but Supra never started braking.

Cornholio

First Name
Beavis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Supra Premium
I despise the lane departure. Other than that I haven’t had any issues. 7.insta’s issue with the front collision system sounds dangerous. I might turn that one off too.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I turned off Lane Departure as soon as I left the dealer. I hate it. All the others have been fine.

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
When I bought a car which is so good at conquering corners, I will do the turns by myself, so no thanks computer!

Last edited:

dd1eye

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
I had the same problem as 7.insta. I was doing about 40mph on a normal street. There was a car stopped in the median with a small portion of the bumper over the line on my left side. My car slammed the brakes and it indicated there was a pedestrian walking across which wasn't the case. If there was someone driving close behind me they could have crashed into me.
As far as lane departure, I had the car pulled the wheel from my had when I got close to the white line. Turned it off immediately after that.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Screenshot_20200830-101638_Drive.jpg
Had the red flash on hud the other day when driving rapid through suburbia with the brakes applied autonomously up front.

Very interesting to say the least .

So I have reduced the pedestrian collision in the safety to late from early and tried it again today and no issue. Have read in the manual that it will not apply the brake jolt in late so tested it and pass.

Also changed the lane departure to low as I have felt the steering vibrate with that on maximum.

Safe driving all.
Paolo

Last edited:

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
So I had the red flash on the hud while at the track. Kinda distracting. At least no slam of the brakes. Thanks Carguy about how to turn off the safety system. Only issue is that after I turned it back on, the lane correction reactivated although it was off in the controls. I had to turn it on and then back off.
Sponsored