Not open for further replies.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
We have been told that Toyota monitors the forum. So lets give them a little feedback. What is your ideal Supra?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Little too late, don't you think?
Our forums insider said the prototypes were also tested with both DCT and manual transmissions. So I think if the push back was great enough they might change their minds. Also if sales are really bad than maybe it would force them to offered more transmission choices.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Our forums insider said the prototypes were also tested with both DCT and manual transmissions. So I think if the push back was great enough they might change their minds. Also if sales are really bad than maybe it would force them to offered more transmission choices.
Maybe we'll get delayed again so they can test the manual again... :banghead:

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
No...no more delays please...I think A70 said previously they tested one but it didnt meet their standards or something...
What he said was there were no benefit of the manual. AKA not faster, modern autos shift faster, surprise surprise.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I hope they do offer more options at a later date. The problem with Toyota when it comes to sports/sporty products is that they fail to do proper updates. @Craigy sums it up pretty well in the "No plans for a new 86" thread.

But it seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy, circular blame. Japanese sportscar comes out, sells well, Japanese manufacturer fails to refresh and update car, sales taper off because car hasn't been updated since it came out, Japanese company decides not to renew/refresh car because of declining sales.

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
What he said was there were no benefit of the manual. AKA not faster, modern autos shift faster, surprise surprise.
The point about wanting a manual is not that it's faster or better around the track or anything, it's just simply more fun with more levers to pull and keep your body active while driving. Autos always feel kind of sedating if you're not on a track.

I'm getting more anxious about this every day - if I'd be in the US, I could just slap a manual gearbox to the engine and call it a day. I'm in Switzerland though, it'd cost about 10 times more than the gearbox itself in paperwork and testing to get it road legal.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.