Pick one!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think a realistic 250HP version with a manual will be like the old Toyota Celicas and Silvia's of past years where it is an enthusiast dream car, and even those who don't like driving will enjoy it if they get one used.

But the higher trim, the one with the money and die hard enthusiast will lose their mind.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
I’m curious to know who would opt for a 4cy manual over an auto 6cy if the manual only gets paired with the smaller engine???

Anyone want to start a new poll? Lol

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I've always wanted an S15, so I could see going for an I4 turbo 6spd.

@A70TTR you should show this poll to your engineering friends at Toyota. :)
I told them from the get-go to do 6spd regardless of what the other options were and if that wasn't possible DCT, but you cant only assert so much influence.
What I take from the poll is that 5 people need to be :banned:.

jk :p
no, seriously though, auto over DCT? lolwut.

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
I’m curious to know who would opt for a 4cy manual over an auto 6cy if the manual only gets paired with the smaller engine???

Anyone want to start a new poll? Lol
Well i'd love a 3liter 6cyl manual and my vote goes there and an auto if the specs of the car are good(like a gtr),but realistically in Europe the 2liter turbo manual i believe will sell far more(lots of taxes+manual etc)

So if there is only an auto for the 6cylinder i'd go for the manual even if it is the 2liter

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've always wanted an S15, so I could see going for an I4 turbo 6spd.

I told them from the get-go to do 6spd regardless of what the other options were and if that wasn't possible DCT, but you cant only assert so much influence.

no, seriously though, auto over DCT? lolwut.
Never driven a DCT, but the community don't want to think, just have the car do things.

A manual is ideal, but here in Jersey, a manual sucks if simply commuting.

Regardless, a 35-40k car with manual, lightweight, two seater, reasonable space in the trunk and has a reliabilty of toyota? Might see these things for years like old beat up civics, corollas and the occasional s2000, great potential beaters.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Never driven a DCT, but the community don't want to think, just have the car do things.

A manual is ideal, but here in Jersey, a manual sucks if simply commuting.

Regardless, a 35-40k car with manual, lightweight, two seater, reasonable space in the trunk and has a reliabilty of toyota? Might see these things for years like old beat up civics, corollas and the occasional s2000, great potential beaters.
Virtually all DCT trans still do the shifting for you unless you choose manual mode, the comparison is torque converter vs DCT

e: the poll could be more accurate to state 6 cyl torque convertor vs 6 cyl dct

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yep ^

the R35 GTR is one of the better examples of forget it and go or toggle manual mode and have full control of crazy fast shits via the paddles.

modern autos are getting closer on most of that without some of the harshness, but the downshifts are AWFUL, and they are simply not quite as fast.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The 722.9 in my Benz is ok, but only for what's ultimately a euro muscle car.

In a sports car, I'd need something far superior.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
So Toyota is giving us a crappy 4 banger that no one wants, but not a manual or least a DCT to which people actually do want. Nice one Toyota! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.