Silverbull3t_supra

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Hi Everyone.
So my car has been having issues with the idrive and infotainment System since I bought it. Sometimes the infotainment system would turn off and when I restart the car it would turn back on. My car is currently flashed with a custom E20 tune. Today when after doing a dyno run my infotainment system just would not turn on, it’s also saying that there is a park sensor malfunction but I assume this is because it’s connected to the infotainment which isn’t working. In the past as I mentioned it would glitch out every now and then but never like this where it won’t turn back on or respond at all. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it? To reiterate, the infotainment screen is blank and is not working at all.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That sounds like a warranty issue. I'd take it to the dealer and have them sort it out..
Not many people are having glitchy infotainment issues..

Maybe a leap, but perhaps you have some electrical issues, maybe alternator or leak, over voltage or whatever. I'm no electrical engineer. lol, but I know when to knock on dealers doors :)

Additional suggestions to root cause are: to see how your battery is doing. What's the voltage on it?
Did you try reverting tune to factory?
I don't see correlation between infotainment and park sensor error.
Did you hook up an odb reader? what errors are you seeing.
When are you taking it to the dealer?

spdandpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra // 2020 BMW X3M
I had this issue twice before. Were you running the heat on full blast in your car? I only get this issue when the iDrive system overheats (it won't say it's overheating but it will shut entirely off). At that point, your speed limit info won't even display on the HUD. I got this on my x3m and said they flashed it.

OP
OP

Silverbull3t_supra

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
As a matter of fact yeah I was running the heat in the cabin. It’s winter here so it was running extremely hot for a while. That plus the engine heat from the dyno run couldn’t have helped.

I took XtremeMacs advice and took it through to Toyota and they said even though they don’t know what it is right now, they will diagnose the issue and fix it next week.

But it’s also very interesting that you say that about the heat, hopefully it doesn’t happen to anyone else.

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I had this issue twice before. Were you running the heat on full blast in your car? I only get this issue when the iDrive system overheats (it won't say it's overheating but it will shut entirely off). At that point, your speed limit info won't even display on the HUD. I got this on my x3m and said they flashed it.
Had this happen once as well. I suspected it was due to the heater being on as the codes (pulled via BimmerLink) indicated iDrive overheating. No tune/stock.

Been more mindful of not blasting the heat with the upper fans close to the head unit and hasn’t happened for over a year.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
This happens to me too. I actually ideally like my cabin to be around 100 degrees as I drive. Electronics get weird at that heat.

Has it turned back on since?

• Wow
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Silverbull3t_supra

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Hi Everyone !
I took the car to Toyota and they said that one of the cables in the fuse box came out but it’s all fixed now.
It’s an interesting issue that not a lot of people have but if your infotainment system stops working, don’t panic, take the car to Toyota and they will sort it out for you!
Thank you to everyone who gave their input and perspective!
Sponsored