Impossible Engine/Oil Light Reset

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
You may have to wait a little longer to reset it. It doesn’t let you reset it through the diagnostic menu until either the miles or time has been fully elapsed. Try resetting it again today being that it’s a new month.
This is not true (or not always true?). I did my first change at 1500 miles (before AX season). Going by months, it wasn't due until this coming October. So seven months and 8500 miles early. I reset it through diagnostic mode.
Sponsored

RTASupra

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Launch Edition Supra Absolute Zero White
This is not true (or not always true?). I did my first change at 1500 miles (before AX season). Going by months, it wasn't due until this coming October. So seven months and 8500 miles early. I reset it through diagnostic mode.
Both 2021's that we have had this issue. The date/time were not correct and oil reset was not possible until that was corrected. This was also done in diag mode.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Has anybody found an aftermarket obd2 scanner that can reset the oil maintenance light yet?

I know Toyota has one that can. I know you can manually do it In dash but that only works when the conditions are met.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
The Supra needs a minimum of 1,000 miles in the odometer in order to perform a reset.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The Supra needs a minimum of 1,000 miles in the odometer in order to perform a reset.
I got over 1,000 miles and still can’t reset it.

I know there is a bmw obd2 scanner tool that can reset it. Just got to find the right one.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Mine would not reset either when I tried it earlier this Spring. It was my second oil change I’ve done myself. After a few weeks I tried it again and it worked so I think it has to do with timing (interval in days) too..

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I didn’t have my hood closed when trying to reset it before and that’s why it kept saying impossible. I tried today with the hood shut. It worked. I read on a bmw z4 m40i forum that the hood has to be closed in order for the reset to be possible. 🤪🤣

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I got over 1,000 miles and still can’t reset it.

I know there is a bmw obd2 scanner tool that can reset it. Just got to find the right one.
I didn't even put 1k on my car this year....it makes me sad.

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
BimmerLink allows you to reset the CBS. I have to do it that way as I do not put enough miles on the car to allow reset via the cluster.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
BimmerLink allows you to reset the CBS. I have to do it that way as I do not put enough miles on the car to allow reset via the cluster.
Glad to see bimmerlink finally can do that. Do you know if the Ecutek dongle will work with bimmer link?
Sponsored