Info Screen is Dim

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Does Bimmer Code allow you to get into the menus so you can display useful information in the field to the right of the tach? So dumb to leave that empty without performance information. I saw a video on a "secret" menu where you have to press a button and enter a code every restart.

I went to the dealer today with my checkbook, and walked away because of this. This was my 3rd test drive, and a sunny day. Other days was overcast. Very disappointed in these two issues. Looks like the Cayman is back on the table
You can increase the brightness with Bimmer code, not a problem, the other, hopefully they will have a fw fix for this.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Does Bimmer Code allow you to get into the menus so you can display useful information in the field to the right of the tach? So dumb to leave that empty without performance information. I saw a video on a "secret" menu where you have to press a button and enter a code every restart.

I went to the dealer today with my checkbook, and walked away because of this. This was my 3rd test drive, and a sunny day. Other days was overcast. Very disappointed in these two issues. Looks like the Cayman is back on the table
BimmerCode No, BimmerLink will show you bunch of stats. I use torque pro on my frs. Haven't tried it on Supra.

Hope this puts Supra back on your radar.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Ive been on the border on getting the OBDLink mx+ and the Bimmercode for how much its worth and ill probably only use it like once.. would it be worth it? I know tuning and any power mod like the Ecutek but does the Bimmercode void any warranty?

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Ive been on the border on getting the OBDLink mx+ and the Bimmercode for how much its worth and ill probably only use it like once.. would it be worth it? I know tuning and any power mod like the Ecutek but does the Bimmercode void any warranty?
It's worth it and you can sell it but you may find yourself doing other stuff or switching warning chimes so it's fun to have.

I personally went with a hard wired connection for my X3 that seems to work fine on the Supra. Fast too.

Question for everyone - This has been a persistent problem with BMWs and specifically my X3MC since I had my windows tinted. It can render the back up camera useless. To those of you with BMWs with iD6, does this same procedure work?

I'm actually tempted to file a complaint with the NHTSA as this is a safety issue.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
It's worth it and you can sell it but you may find yourself doing other stuff or switching warning chimes so it's fun to have.

I personally went with a hard wired connection for my X3 that seems to work fine on the Supra. Fast too.

Question for everyone - This has been a persistent problem with BMWs and specifically my X3MC since I had my windows tinted. It can render the back up camera useless. To those of you with BMWs with iD6, does this same procedure work?

I'm actually tempted to file a complaint with the NHTSA as this is a safety issue.
I confirmed - it works on my BMW!

Thanks for posting this!!!

ethanc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Is the daytime brightness the same level as nighttime? Only reservation I have about coding this in is I prefer dim display at night. If I max out the brightness setting for the daytime, would that be the same brightness carried over to nighttime or does headlights on trigger a dimmer “night” level on the screen?

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Is the daytime brightness the same level as nighttime? Only reservation I have about coding this in is I prefer dim display at night. If I max out the brightness setting for the daytime, would that be the same brightness carried over to nighttime or does headlights on trigger a dimmer “night” level on the screen?
I wonder this aswell.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You are correct. It will stay the same brightness at night. That's why I didn't code for this. I prefer a dim screen at night myself and didn't want to have to change it every day. I found that adding window tint on the car actually helped the most. The screen dims and lightens appropriately. At least to my likings.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
You are correct. It will stay the same brightness at night. That's why I didn't code for this. I prefer a dim screen at night myself and didn't want to have to change it every day. I found that adding window tint on the car actually helped the most. The screen dims and lightens appropriately. At least to my likings.
Good to know, now I dont have to code that. 😄

Too bad they didnt solve this in the production... :rolleyes:
Sponsored