Injen Intake and Charge Pipe post install noises

nameless.a90

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
hi all, new here! apologies if this has already been asked/posted. I just installed an Injen Ram Air and Charge Pipe on my 2021 3.0 Premium. I took it out earlier for a "spirited" ride on a few pulls and everything is great. No CEL and the car ran great!

I got home and opened the hood to make sure the parts are still secure and heard a weird flapping noise near the intake? Also, when I shut the car off the engine made some weird rattling/popping noise?

Attached both videos....

NOTE: after I let the car sit a bit (about an hour) i turned it back on and the flapping noise is gone? Let it run for about 10 minutes and shut if off and the rattling noise from earlier when i shut the car off is also gone?

Any ideas? Is this something I should be worried about? Thank you all in advance!

For info on "performance" mods see below (in case any of these can also cause the noises)

Video 1 (flapping noise issue): you can hear it in the beginning of the video - may need to turn your volume up

https://kapwi.ng/c/f0SZuxyb

Video 2 (rattling/popping engine noise when engine is turned off): its at the end of the video

https://kapwi.ng/c/kvSZtmYY

1. aFe cat back exhaust
2. Injen Intake
3. Injen Charge Pipe

03a3d020-8d2f-422f-aa4e-38e13e4bc6c3-jpg-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
nameless.a90

nameless.a90

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
A bit more info on the car:

2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
1300 miles (around there)
Not a daily - ive owned it for about 3 months and it sits in my garage during the week as I work from home

OP
OP
nameless.a90

nameless.a90

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Apologies. Nope all good. Had it checked out and all is good. Turned out to be a piece of small stick that must have fallen into my fan area while the hood was up as I was working on the car outside. Mechanic pulled out the very small stick out of my fan area which 1. Caused the flapping sound and 2. The rattling noise that went away. Lol

but yea the injen power pack is great... be prepared for all the turbo noises you could ask for lol.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Apologies. Nope all good. Had it checked out and all is good. Turned out to be a piece of small stick that must have fallen into my fan area while the hood was up as I was working on the car outside. Mechanic pulled out the very small stick out of my fan area which 1. Caused the flapping sound and 2. The rattling noise that went away. Lol

but yea the injen power pack is great... be prepared for all the turbo noises you could ask for lol.
:thumbsup:

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0

i like the price on the injen stuff, just feel like itā€™s one of those intakes that ends up being a hot air instead of a coil air because no enclosed heat shield :(

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
i like the price on the injen stuff, just feel like itā€™s one of those intakes that ends up being a hot air instead of a coil air because no enclosed heat shield :(
per all the data sheets and dynos i have seen over the years, open (sheet or no shield ) / closed intakes perform exactly the same

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra / 2014 Nissan GT-R / 2019 Mini Cooper S
Hey I just replaced my BMS intake with the Injen you have... The filter element on the Injen is considerably bigger... Itā€™s slightly louder than the BMS intake... The only thing I didnā€™t care for is that they stopped making the heat shield with Injen logo riveted to it...

OP
OP
nameless.a90

nameless.a90

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey I just replaced my BMS intake with the Injen you have... The filter element on the Injen is considerably bigger... Itā€™s slightly louder than the BMS intake... The only thing I didnā€™t care for is that they stopped making the heat shield with Injen logo riveted to it...
agreed! I thought I was missing a part of the shield but it turns out they just stopped making the logo with it....

I do love how loud the noises are.... itā€™s intoxicating.

Loui

First Name
Loui
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0