Injen Intake and Intercooler Pipe?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Because the factory intake actually gets fed “cold air” from the beneath the headlight.
just having a cone Filter in the engine bay it sucks in a lot of heat from the engine too
Sponsored

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
Because the factory intake actually gets fed “cold air” from the beneath the headlight.
just having a cone Filter in the engine bay it sucks in a lot of heat from the engine too
Hhmm Make sense. So, the Shield around the Cone don’t protect from hot air that much.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Stock air box is sealed on the top forcing all the air to be drawn from the cold
Path. Not sure how sealed the cone boxes can be against the bottom of the hood? Filter is going to draw from path of least resistance.

again I like the sound. I would bet $$ even the best cold air cones set ups could only improve 2ish hp in best conditions.

the stock air box is pretty high end and efficient design. Just my .02 and 20 years experience playing with bmw and mercedes

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I think I’ll install my Original air Filter and the Box beginning of summer and winter I’ll keep the Cone.
Sponsored