Interior Rattles, Squeaks, Creaks, 95% Fixed trunk B Pillars, Doors, Centre Console and Dash

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I have a vibration noise coming from the interior passenger door panel, the black triangular piece just inside of the side mirror.
Sounds like weather stripping or very fast clicking. Anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I have little rattles coming from both sides in this area. The inner circle is what I suspect to be vibrating making little rattles on bumpy roads.
Have you experienced this?
A7A70B31-D021-4C84-9710-9B1CA47F0B61.jpeg

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
I have little rattles coming from both sides in this area. The inner circle is what I suspect to be vibrating making little rattles on bumpy roads.
Have you experienced this?
A7A70B31-D021-4C84-9710-9B1CA47F0B61.jpeg
Yes, both sides were rattling over bumps pull the panels off felt tape in areas.

The curves panel comes off first and it's just held with clips then you can pull the top panel above belt also held with clips. It's a bit of trial and error before you eliminate the rattles and squeeks. It's worth doing and hard to break anything.

You may break some clips so. The panel above the belt clips back into place without clips and rattles less without the clips so I actually ended up leaving the clips out.

There is a b pillar piece of plastic that can also creak. It connects to the top plastic piece via a metal clip. The metal clip is the culprit..I ripped it out. Buy plenty of thin foam tape to pad areas where there is plastic on plastic.

I can drive in any surface and bump any angle with zero rattles.

I still have a creaky dashboard but can't seem to find anyone who can tell me how to remove that panel.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Yes, both sides were rattling over bumps pull the panels off felt tape in areas.

The curves panel comes off first and it's just held with clips then you can pull the top panel above belt also held with clips. It's a bit of trial and error before you eliminate the rattles and squeeks. It's worth doing and hard to break anything.

You may break some clips so. The panel above the belt clips back into place without clips and rattles less without the clips so I actually ended up leaving the clips out.

There is a b pillar piece of plastic that can also creak. It connects to the top plastic piece via a metal clip. The metal clip is the culprit..I ripped it out. Buy plenty of thin foam tape to pad areas where there is plastic on plastic.

I can drive in any surface and bump any angle with zero rattles.

I still have a creaky dashboard but can't seem to find anyone who can tell me how to remove that panel.
Time to get to work after some sleep. Thank you.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Does anyone have rattling or creaking from the iDrive screen or the center speaker? When I touch the screen or the panel right on the bottom of the screen where it touches the speaker grille it stops

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Hey guys,
I may have a very easy rattle fix for the driver and passenger door rattle/buzz when driving.

Fixed it on the driver side, and last weekend it was perfect (long drive suburbia and highway test).

Will do the passenger door rattle fix and test and post solution shortly. (after this weekend)

This rattle has been on these doors since new. It is single handily the most annoying rattle buzz I've ever heard in a new car. It is particularly bad when travelling on coarse road surface and above 20mph. I have isolated where it comes from after much testing.

Finally your ears can relax and enjoy the quiet cabin.

Stay tuned.

:thumbsup:
EDIT:

Ok
Fix is simply to place some cardboard slice near the door locks between plastic and frame.
Good luck all. It may not look great but it does the job. :thumbsup:

20210206_071929.jpg

Last edited:

Rad_AMG

First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium (SOLD), 20 4Runner TRD Pro
300 miles on the car and I have a rattle coming from the driver side dash near the HUD screen. Mainly just happens at idle and seems to go away at speed. Anyone else experience this? This is my first "BMW" product, is this just the norm for BMW? My daily is a 2020 4Runner w/ 13K miles on it and not a squeak or creak to be found anywhere.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Maybe you all should report this to Toyota. If they get enough complaints they might look into it. Just my 2 cents

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
Has anyone got the how to to remove the interior trim. I have done it before a couple years ago but have forgotten.

Also - anyone know the torque spec for the strut bar?
Sponsored