Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
how about RK titanium?full titanium.
FWIW, I have a RK Titanium system just installed on the car, and within 72 hours I'm looking to hopefully replace with an AWE Touring resonated. I originally thought I wanted a single exit, but the 30yr old in me is actively murdering the 16yr old in me that told me to buy it. The single exit look is amazing, but for a daily driven vehicle, it's too much. Weekend warrior or a track toy is a different story. Plus, cops are starting to crack down and this is definitely going to get me state reffed.

Speaking of which, if anybody here is looking to sell an AWE Touring resonated, or would be interested in an RK track + cash on top....
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
FWIW, I have a RK Titanium system just installed on the car, and within 72 hours I'm looking to hopefully replace with an AWE Touring resonated. I originally thought I wanted a single exit, but the 30yr old in me is actively murdering the 16yr old in me that told me to buy it. The single exit look is amazing, but for a daily driven vehicle, it's too much. Weekend warrior or a track toy is a different story. Plus, cops are starting to crack down and this is definitely going to get me state reffed.

Speaking of which, if anybody here is looking to sell an AWE Touring resonated, or would be interested in an RK track + cash on top....
You coming to Vegas anytime soon? I have one here I think Iā€™m going to sell.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Is this RK titanium louder than the SP1-R?

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Is this RK titanium louder than the SP1-R?
The RK Ti I have is the track edition. When they say track edition, they mean TRACK edition, compared to track. This thing is literally a straight pipe from the cat back, the complete lack of resonator means you get an incredible resonance that vibrates the entire car in the 2K-2.2K rpm range. The actual exhaust itself is stupid lightweight and is unbelievably free flowing, so I can totally see why you'd want it on a track or for drag work.

Considering the SP1R has a muffler, my guess is that it'll be slightly more muted in terms of volume, but will probably still suffer from the non resonated aspect.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The RK Ti I have is the track edition. When they say track edition, they mean TRACK edition, compared to track. This thing is literally a straight pipe from the cat back, the complete lack of resonator means you get an incredible resonance that vibrates the entire car in the 2K-2.2K rpm range. The actual exhaust itself is stupid lightweight and is unbelievably free flowing, so I can totally see why you'd want it on a track or for drag work.

Considering the SP1R has a muffler, my guess is that it'll be slightly more muted in terms of volume, but will probably still suffer from the non resonated aspect.
That makes sense in that case. Thanks for clarifying, i didnā€™t realize they had a track version thatā€™s even crazier. I couldnā€™t handle that level of noise on a daily either i donā€™t blame you!

SP1R seems to have very positive reviews, i noticed it has the ā€œcircle patternā€ lining the inside of the mufflerā€¦is that considered a resonator or just plain old muffler?

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

I don't have the RK or the SP1R however the vibration from 1.6K to 2K with the AFE single exit is no joke for a daily driven car... a muffler will fix it however. I can imagine the SP1R is much more tolerable that the RK.
Sponsored