Issue with Extreme Power House

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone had an issue with Extreme Power House canceling an order and receiving a full refund? I just purchased an AA downpipe for $1358.50. I contacted @NitroYellowMKV about sending him my OEM downpipe and decided to buy my AA downpipe from him and cancel my order from Extreme. I ordered from Extreme on Friday 5/26, after business hours. contacted them yesterday, Memorial Day, and asked to cancel the order. They told me it was shipping from AA and were awaiting to hear from them. Today, I received a refund for $1290.57. I called Extreme to ask why I only received the $1290.57, thinking they may be charging me a restocking fee for something that never shipped or even left a warehouse. They told me it was a Paypal fee. I was charged $1358.50, they only received $1290.57, so that's what I get back. I asked, "so I'm getting charged to use paypal?" He said no, that's what they received, and Paypal only refunds that amount, not including the fee. In roughly 25 years, I have NEVER had that happen using Paypal. Extreme is charging me the fee. I just think that's shitty and now have been charged $61 for nothing
Sponsored

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
In their defense you ordered a product and they charged u the 5 percent merchant fee which is stated on their website in the event someone returns something. If they were really scumbags they would have also charged the 20% restock fee which they did not so you are complaining that they are enforcing their policy which you agreed to when you made the order. I don’t see any problem here honestly… you have to remember they are a small business not a giant corporation

In my personal experience with them, because i have ordered several items from them, they always treat forum members very well with sales, are very quick, responsive, and fair.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
To mirror @Avarela99

Also, you ordered on a Friday after business hours. Then you emailed them on Memorial Day. Surprisingly you get a response on a holiday. They only charged the merchant fee, and stopped before the item was shipped, saving all parties the extra headache and possibly 20% restock fee. I see nothing wrong with their support. These are smaller businesses with people still looking at emails after hours, AND replying AND issuing refunds. Those fees are part of the equation sometimes.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Just a FYI.....

Paypal refunds ALL the money. They dont keep a % like what would happen on a credit card refund.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
For what it is worth, when I refund a customer with Paypal, PayPal refunds the fee as well, at least they always have for me

OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In their defense you ordered a product and they charged u the 5 percent merchant fee which is stated on their website in the event someone returns something. If they were really scumbags they would have also charged the 20% restock fee which they did not so you are complaining that they are enforcing their policy which you agreed to when you made the order. I don’t see any problem here honestly… you have to remember they are a small business not a giant corporation

In my personal experience with them, because i have ordered several items from them, they always treat forum members very well with sales, are very quick, responsive, and fair.
That's fair, but if he would have told me that, I would have been o.k. But he blamed it on paypal.

OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To mirror @Avarela99

Also, you ordered on a Friday after business hours. Then you emailed them on Memorial Day. Surprisingly you get a response on a holiday. They only charged the merchant fee, and stopped before the item was shipped, saving all parties the extra headache and possibly 20% restock fee. I see nothing wrong with their support. These are smaller businesses with people still looking at emails after hours, AND replying AND issuing refunds. Those fees are part of the equation sometimes.
I stopped the order, I knew it wouldn't have shipped yet. That was the point of contacting them Monday, so they would read it early today. I did not expect a response yesterday.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
If the refund was processed through paypal, the fee is usually refunded as well. While it is true that they only received $1290.57, if they refunded via another method outside of paypal, this is all they will refund you as they never saw the $61 and that fee is kept by Paypal.

Paypal is the only winner here

OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the refund was processed through paypal, the fee is usually refunded as well. While it is true that they only received $1290.57, if they refunded via another method outside of paypal, this is all they will refund you as they never saw the $61 and that fee is kept by Paypal.

Paypal is the only winner here
It doesn't appear they used paypal to issue the refund. @zrk, their policy states the 5% fee is refunded at their discretion. They chose not to, and they could have used Paypal to refund the money, and they didn't. Nothing changed hands. I received nothing. I understand being charged the fee if I received something in return, but I didn't. In my experience, that fee is added to a purchase. It happens on forums like this all the time and at small businesses, gas stations etc.(usually around a 3% fee). It was not in this case, at least not stated in my order receipt.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I appreciate everyone's support and'd like to clarify a few points.

When a customer places an order with us, we do not receive the full amount. A certain percentage is deducted directly by the payment processor (in this case, PayPal) as their transaction fee. This is how they generate revenue. Unfortunately, PayPal's policy has changed over the years and they no longer refund these fees when an order is canceled. While this policy change wasn't made clear by PayPal or other processors, it can make vendors like us appear culpable, even though we don't earn anything from these fees. Larger vendors were hit by this policy change at first, more vendors get added every few months, and eventually, all vendors will be under the same policy.
Note: The processor fee is Paypal + fraud checks for every transaction on the website to protect against fraudulent payments.

You didn't mention that you found a lower price elsewhere when you canceled your order. If you had, we would have been more than happy to refund the difference and ensure you weren't out of pocket. We would also have granted you an additional $25 store credit in line with our policy.

As for the transaction fees, we strive for transparency and have outlined our policy clearly in our terms and conditions, which you agreed to during the purchase. We realize some people may not read these, so we highlight this policy on the cart page and again in the email confirmation. We aim to avoid situations like these and certainly don't want our customers to feel misled.

When an item is out of stock, or there's a website error, we cover these fees ourselves because it's the right thing to do. However, if a customer changes their mind, we believe it's unfair for us to bear the cost of this decision.

As previously stated in this thread, we could charge you significantly more than just the transaction fees according to our terms and conditions. However, we chose not to do so because we believed it's not the right action. Our goal isn't to profit from a change of heart on your part; we merely seek to cover our costs and break even.

Honestly, you can open a dispute with PayPal to recover the money. There's a 50% chance PayPal may refuse the claim, considering we've made our policy clear before your purchase. Conversely, there's a 50% chance they could make us cover the cost, resulting in us losing $61 due to circumstances beyond our control.

If you truly feel wronged and believe we should bear this cost, you can open the dispute. We want to be honest and clear about the situation from our end.

For what it is worth, when I refund a customer with Paypal, PayPal refunds the fee as well; at least they always have for me
Once you start moving more volume, this will change. Enjoy it while it lasts
Sponsored