JB4 Installed - Negative performance

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
Installed it last night with a friend that's a mechanic. Seemed simple enough. No CEL, went smoothly.

First test drive, map 2 seemed to add substantial power. After shutting the car down and driving home, it seemed...meh. Did a couple of pulls with the dragy to see if it was my imagination...confirmed slower. 12.4 @ 114. Was 12.0 @ 117 with just AA downpipe and Armytrix cat-back.

No CEL. Also no difference in how it felt, regardless of map 0, 1, 2, or 3 (yes always run 93 octane).

Scanned codes. 121001 TMAP Sensor short circuit to B+. Along with a 4 other codes with no description found. Cleared codes. TMAP code came back. Cleared. Stayed off (will upload screen shot).

Updated JB4 firmware this morning to the most recent stable version. Dragy again. Still no change. Still no CEL. Still no new codes.

What. The. Hell.

(sorry for the language...frustrating)
Sponsored

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screenshot

Attachments

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3rd or 4th gear from 2k to redline, right?

I saw on there that they were advising some people to give the JB4 time to adapt? I have a rapidbike EVO on my Fireblade and it doesn't have selectable maps, it adapts on the fly. I didn't realize that was a thing for the JB4 (is it)?

This is just bizarre to me. Am I supposed to select a map and then drive it for 50 miles under normal conditions to let it learn? Because I definitely didn't do that.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
3rd or 4th gear from 2k to redline, right?

I saw on there that they were advising some people to give the JB4 time to adapt? I have a rapidbike EVO on my Fireblade and it doesn't have selectable maps, it adapts on the fly. I didn't realize that was a thing for the JB4 (is it)?

This is just bizarre to me. Am I supposed to select a map and then drive it for 50 miles under normal conditions to let it learn? Because I definitely didn't do that.
You have EWG connected?
What fuel are you using?
For the jb4 to adapt you need to do a couple WOT pulls from 2k-redline in 3rd or 4th gear or both. Then look at logs and see how it's performing, post on n54tech if you're not sure what you're looking at.

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You have EWG connected?
What fuel are you using?
For the jb4 to adapt you need to do a couple WOT pulls from 2k-redline in 3rd or 4th gear or both. Then look at logs and see how it's performing, post on n54tech if you're not sure what you're looking at.
Yes, EWG is connected. 93 octane since I bought the car new.

I will get some logs tonite and post them over there. Thanks fellas.

NocturnalA91

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Something may be wrong with your car. Idk but mine never read those codes and didnā€™t take time to adapt. It should be noticeable right away.

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Something may be wrong with your car. Idk but mine never read those codes and didnā€™t take time to adapt. It should be noticeable right away.
Oh good! :headbang:

That wouldn't surprise me. I cleared the codes. Added 3 gallons of E85 on Map 3. No codes. Trapped almost 121 on the dragy. Launch still terrible due to traction. Will see.

Hendo

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 Supra, 18 Audi RS3, 09 Subaru STi
That wouldn't surprise me. I cleared the codes. Added 3 gallons of E85 on Map 3. No codes. Trapped almost 121 on the dragy. Launch still terrible due to traction. Will see.
The stock ECU will adapt to a certain point with E85 as well. I've seen some running as high as E25 bone stock. I'm currently in the process of collecting data to see what the actual performance is.

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The stock ECU will adapt to a certain point with E85 as well. I've seen some running as high as E25 bone stock. I'm currently in the process of collecting data to see what the actual performance is.
No kidding? I have to say...the 3 gallons of E85 was like magic. This car is f'ing fast now.

One pull on the dragy with a terrible launch...11.97 @ 120.95 with a 2.05 60' time.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Haven't checked yet, which parameters do y'all recommend logging? Are you even able to choose I know with other tuners (From different platforms like Cobb AP) you can choose. I personally haven't done much of it since installing it.

Hendo

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 Supra, 18 Audi RS3, 09 Subaru STi
Haven't checked yet, which parameters do y'all recommend logging? Are you even able to choose I know with other tuners (From different platforms like Cobb AP) you can choose. I personally haven't done much of it since installing it.
From what I can see in my limited time playing with the JB4 thus far, it logs most of the required parameters and I dont know if there is a way to add more. Looks like it has what is needed based on what the JB4 has the ability to adjust.

sstevens7

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve been data logging with Terry on n54tech and he is advising me (2021 3.0 bone stock running 93 octane) to run in map 5, change bias to 50 across the board and change my FF to 60. So far so good. Waiting for his input on my last log. He wanted we to do a log pulling through some shifts. Started third gear at 2k rpm up to RL, shift to 4th up to RL, and got through most of 5th before letting off.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Will some of you tech. savvy folks help a Senior citizen ( old fart)? I'm running a 2021 3.0 Supra with Injen Evolution CAI, Auto Werks catted downpipe and IKON exhaust. JB4 with blue tooth, and EWG on 93 octane. I'm confident with the JB4 installation. I tried map 3 and it runs like $hit! I've searched and searched but now am more confused than ever. Please help a confused old fart. Thanks. After note, my ECU is programable, maybe a custom tune. Your thoughts?

Last edited: