JB4/MHD BEF vs Ecutek (Post 6/20 car)

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Is it possible to get close to 500hp with JB4 and bolt-ons e.g. down pipe, intake, etc.? Only looking for max of 500’ish, would be great if I didn’t have to unlock my ECU and get there with a JB4 🤞cc: @Jesse DaBears
Just unlock it. JB4 pedal feel is awful.
Sponsored

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
Is it possible to get close to 500hp with JB4 and bolt-ons e.g. down pipe, intake, etc.? Only looking for max of 500’ish, would be great if I didn’t have to unlock my ECU and get there with a JB4 🤞cc: @Jesse DaBears
will need ethanol and meth to get there on stock turbo with Jesses help. Will probably need to do same even with femto unlock, Jesse gets pretty damn close to mhd/bm3 numbers from what I have seen.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Can you elaborate? Only driven stock and JB+
It feels like adding boost lag. I had the JB4 for a while, I really hated it. Had to put my foot down and wait for the JB4 to respond, then wait for boost to build. It practically doubled the latency of the gas pedal.

maybe if all you do is roll race, this is fine. I hated it on track.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
It feels like adding boost lag. I had the JB4 for a while, I really hated it. Had to put my foot down and wait for the JB4 to respond, then wait for boost to build. It practically doubled the latency of the gas pedal.

maybe if all you do is roll race, this is fine. I hated it on track.
Good to know! The JB+ does feel a little different than stock in that sense! Did you use an OTS map or have it ‘tuned’ by someone?

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Good to know! The JB+ does feel a little different than stock in that sense! Did you use an OTS map or have it ‘tuned’ by someone?
I just used the stock maps. I’ve heard with a “custom” map this effect can be nullified somewhat.

I just wouldn’t recommend this to anyone. It’s silly when the Femto unlock is so cheap now, and the MHD base maps are so good and refined.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I just used the stock maps. I’ve heard with a “custom” map this effect can be nullified somewhat.

I just wouldn’t recommend this to anyone. It’s silly when the Femto unlock is so cheap now, and the MHD base maps are so good and refined.
The OTS JB4 maps for the Supra are pretty awful. A proper Jesse tune would make a worlds difference - but obv a dedicated tune is better.

The biggest downside to the FEMTO unlock is being without your car for 2 weeks. A lot of us daily the Supra - I do! Adding the cost of the rental car greatly increase the relative price. I think a lot of us continue to hold out for a stateside unlock. Henceeee why the jb4 is still relevant.
Sponsored