zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
That’s what I thought I heard too
I've heard a somethings about this - still goes to russia and you might have a little difficulty finding a tuner. Time will tell.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sweet please update us once you get tuned. Might have to spend my xmass bonus on this.
What are you looking for an update on? There are plenty of tuned 2021s, and the cloning process is tried and true. Are you looking for something specific?

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
What are you looking for an update on? There are plenty of tuned 2021s, and the cloning process is tried and true. Are you looking for something specific?
Umm that it actually works. I see pictures of ECU's, boxes with ECU's and claims by vendors. I want to hear from people that actually have gone through the process of tuning a post 6/21 Supra. Do you work for PPE or Visconti?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Umm that it actually works. I see pictures of ECU's, boxes with ECU's and claims by vendors. I want to hear from people that actually have gone through the process of tuning a post 6/21 Supra.
There are plenty; this particular process has been done for a while. Bimmetech has been doing it all summer on BMWs, and cloning ECUs isn't a new process. There's no reason to believe that it wouldn't work. If the car starts on old hardware, your clone was successful and you're gold.

Do you work for PPE or Visconti?
I don't even think I can buy parts from Visconti at this point. LOL. And no, I don't work for PPE either, or Femto, or RKTunes, or Jesse. But, I do enjoy the community aspect of cars and tuning, and try to help people anywhere I can. I'm sure a handful of people here might agree. (Though maybe they wouldn't, the hell do I know).

Are you looking for something specific?
When I said that, I was honestly just trying to give you some help/advice/etc. if you needed it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Last edited:

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Cool can't wait to hear about your tune and thanks for the update.
Well waiting till spring didn't last long... ;) I got my base map for the flex tune and got the flex kit installed this weekend. Flashed it last night and all looks to be working as expected (didn't drive it though...). Just wanted to share it does work...

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Umm that it actually works. I see pictures of ECU's, boxes with ECU's and claims by vendors. I want to hear from people that actually have gone through the process of tuning a post 6/21 Supra. Do you work for PPE or Visconti?

This isnt a test run. We've done PLENTY now and plenty of folks have them back in their hands, flashed and rolling. If youre looking for "reviews" id be happy to direct you to some very polite customers who can provide that information for you.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
I just got my 2022 back yesterday from Visconti. I’ve got a flex fuel sensor and ecutek setup on the cloned ECU, and my old ECU is now sitting in a box. Everything works (map switching, gauge take over, phone flash, flex fuel, etc). Other then time and money there were no issues.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Nothing like trying to commit warranty fraud smh. They can totally tell if you've swapped ecus. The car knows to shut the drivetrain down if something isn't exactly in parameter and you don't think they can read and tell a different ECU was plugged in? If you are trying to make this much power to the point the car is having issues you should be long past worried about the warranty and be prepared for rebuilds of turbo, tans and the motor. This is terrible advice and will probably land someone in jail if they really took this serious. Come on my guy I can tell by your car roster you know better. Kids might read this.

However this tuning solution is reasonable and will bring a whole new slew of fast cars out in the next few months. Boost on.
I don't think there is a single scenario where you can get away with it. Say you get your two ECUs, then, you will need to keep doing services, they will record your mileage, so even if you blew the engine and swap the original ECU back, it will have lower mileage.

Now say you do all the services yourself, still you will get the service notifications due. I don't know, it feels shady and I wouldn't be comfortable trying to pull off that kind of thing. If you are doing all this, I think it's pretty clear that this is pay to play.

I'll keep my original ECU as decoration or something.
Sponsored