Post 6/20 Cars Now Tunable!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I think PPE on here can do an unlock with an EcuTeck flash for around 3,500. The cost is so high because they're buying a new ECU from a 2020 and merging the parameters from your ECU.

Beats sending your ECU to Russia and for almost the same money..
PPE goes to Russia.
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I think PPE on here can do an unlock with an EcuTeck flash for around 3,500. The cost is so high because they're buying a new ECU from a 2020 and merging the parameters from your ECU.

They are sending to Russia as well. Anyone doing this right now are just playing middle men to Femto. The ecus still have to be sent out to them to do anything.

Reactions: zrk

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
They are sending to Russia as well. Anyone doing this right now are just playing middle men to Femto. The ecus still have to be sent out to them to do anything.
I never thought PPE did the service in-house but was unaware the only place to do this is in Russia.. In either case I was referring to another service that, for almost the same money, loaded an OTS tune and that was it whereas the other option allows you to tune your car as normal.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I never thought PPE did the service in-house but was unaware the only place to do this is in Russia.. In either case I was referring to another service that, for almost the same money, loaded an OTS tune and that was it whereas the other option allows you to tune your car as normal.
Neither service includes a tune. Just includes the Ecutek license. It's a better deal, but you're car isn't going to be any different.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Where is Mission Performance and their fabulous hoopla?

-RJM
I want to believe it wasn’t vaporware but it is strange. But for the fact they are somewhat reputable, I would think it was all BS. As an outsider, none of it adds up to me.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I want to believe it wasn’t vaporware but it is strange. But for the fact they are somewhat reputable, I would think it was all BS. As an outsider, none of it adds up to me.
I was one of MPs biggest believers I think. I have -no idea- what the fuck happened there.

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Comments like this aren’t appreciated when you don’t understand the whole process as you’ll confuse others.

Please make sure you understand what’s going on and what certain companies processes are on so you aren’t spreading false information such as this.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Would be interesting to know what Femtoevo is charging for their service.

-RJM

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Comments like this aren’t appreciated when you don’t understand the whole process as you’ll confuse others.

Please make sure you understand what’s going on and what certain companies processes are on so you aren’t spreading false information such as this.
False info? Tf you talking about? ?
All I said is there are two different services out there being offered for relatively the same money. One offeres an OTS tune and the other is a full unlock (able to be tuned by ecutek)

Edit: I should clarify, I don't know what product it is you're trying to hawk.. my only intent was to notify people that there are different but clearly quite similar sounding options out there.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
False info? Tf you talking about? ?
All I said is there are two different services out there being offered for relatively the same money. One offeres an OTS tune and the other is a full unlock (able to be tuned by ecutek)
It's a bit off because:
* Neither offer an OTS tune.
* Both PPE and Visconti go to Russia.
* Both are "Full Unlocks" in that you get a 2nd < 06.2020 ECU that can be tuned
* Difference is including an Ecutek license

They are definitely competing services, and have pros and cons. Visconti can end up cheaper if you don't Ecutek, and are fine with BM3 or MHD. PPE seems to have the advantage if you're going to Ecutek tune - but you still need a tuner and have them tune for you.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
It's a bit off because:
* Neither offer an OTS tune.
* Both PPE and Visconti go to Russia.
* Both are "Full Unlocks" in that you get a 2nd ECU
* Difference is including an Ecutek license

They are definitely competing services, and have pros and cons. Visconti can end up cheaper if you don't Ecutek, and are fine with BM3 or MHD. PPE seems to have the advantage if you're going to Ecutek tune - but you still need a tuner and have them tune for you.
I now realize these two companies are in competition and offer similar services to one another but I was referring to yet another service out there, that I've personally seen on other forms and not here, that offer what is basically an OTS tune. ie. You send your ECU to said company, they send to Russia with a list of modifications on your car, they flash it bears based on those mods and return it.. if you modify your car further, you would have to repeat that process all over again.

Honestly, my only intent was make it clear there are two different services being offered, in general and not specifically thru this company, and to make sure you're getting the service you want.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I now realize these two companies are in competition and offer similar services to one another but I was referring to yet another service out there, that I've personally seen on other forms and not here, that offer what is basically an OTS tune. ie. You send your ECU to said company, they send to Russia with a list of modifications on your car, they flash it bears based on those mods and return it.. if you modify your car further, you would have to repeat that process all over again.

Honestly, my only intent was make it clear there are two different services being offered, in general and not specifically thru this company, and to make sure you're getting the service you want.
I gotcha!! You’re taking about RKTunes. This makes sense. I’m sorry for confusion.

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
It's all good guys/gals
Sponsored