DME options BM3 vs MHD vs Ecutek 2023 edition

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
They are doing more with the car, cams change. I think they want it all on the car first then go beat on it and dial in stuff at the track. I’m sure it’ll take some time to get the car figured out how to launch etc
Oh, believe me, I know.. There's a lot of problems that exist on the track that show their head around the 1000hp mark that don't show on a dyno.. That bitch should be on the track after every change or so.
Sponsored

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Question!

For those who will be installing the BM3 flex fuel kit.. In order to run their flex fuel tune.. from what I've seen.. you must select the multi-map tune option. As a part of the multi-map tune, it has:

Map1 : ACN91 Tune
Map2: 91 Tune
Map3: 93 Tune
Map4: Stock Tune

It states all 4 maps have flex fuel enabled...

Question: Does it really matter which one you choose if you are running the flex fuel sensor? Would it not be able to adjust? Or is it strictly measuring ethanol content and cannot distinguish the quality of octane post blend?

I'm in Florida and use 93 exclusively, so I ASSume I'll choose Map 3 93 Tune and then add my e85 to get it anywhere around the e40 on stock fuel system?

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Doesn’t really matter which slot you choose. You typically choose the slot which most closely matches your standard pump gas that you fill up with and the tune turns it up from there when E is in the tank.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Question!

For those who will be installing the BM3 flex fuel kit.. In order to run their flex fuel tune.. from what I've seen.. you must select the multi-map tune option. As a part of the multi-map tune, it has:

Map1 : ACN91 Tune
Map2: 91 Tune
Map3: 93 Tune
Map4: Stock Tune

It states all 4 maps have flex fuel enabled...

Question: Does it really matter which one you choose if you are running the flex fuel sensor? Would it not be able to adjust? Or is it strictly measuring ethanol content and cannot distinguish the quality of octane post blend?

I'm in Florida and use 93 exclusively, so I ASSume I'll choose Map 3 93 Tune and then add my e85 to get it anywhere around the e40 on stock fuel system?
I would use the appropriate base map for your car/mods/fuel.

Ethanol sensors measure gasoline content or the absence of, not ethanol. So for example, if you have 50% gasoline and 50% water it will tell you E50. It cannot measure octane.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Bm3 just mentioned on their 1200whp b58 instagram post that they are controlling PI and boost with their own board called Rev2. That car is craaay btw!
Was just thinking about this the other day.

Anyone know if Rev2 is supposed to be a Reflex competitor coming out soon or is this just a proprietary board that isn't likely to be released to the public?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Was just thinking about this the other day.

Anyone know if Rev2 is supposed to be a Reflex competitor coming out soon or is this just a proprietary board that isn't likely to be released to the public?
Rev2 is their canbus board designed to interface with the DME. from the looks of the 6 outputs on it. its likely going to be a competitor to the reflex, only i think it will only work on bootmod3. programming. I didnt reach out and ask them yet about it. but based on the features, i think thats what it is.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Rev2 is their canbus board designed to interface with the DME. from the looks of the 6 outputs on it. its likely going to be a competitor to the reflex, only i think it will only work on bootmod3. programming. I didnt reach out and ask them yet about it. but based on the features, i think thats what it is.
FINALLY. Even if it only works with BM3, some diversity in the market would be nice. All this monopoly shit is so annoying.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
FINALLY. Even if it only works with BM3, some diversity in the market would be nice. All this monopoly shit is so annoying.
i mean reflex works. what do you mean monopoly? rev2 will work as well.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
For the MT cars that cannot use Ecutek. Would any of you chose MHD over BM3 if they came out with CustomRom incl. Reflex capability through Femto?

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Legit question about MHD vs BM3 not related to performance numbers.

Once the ECU is back and you're ready to flash for the first time. Which application is easier to use / more reliable /less buggy, when using your phone? Generally speaking about the interface and flash times.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
For the MT cars that cannot use Ecutek. Would any of you chose MHD over BM3 if they came out with CustomRom incl. Reflex capability through Femto?
Gonna follow up on this.

I’m planning to install an EOS intake manifold, run port injection and a top mount on my 2023 mt.

Should I wait for MHD’a new reflex release with femto unlock to do this or can it be done safely with BM3’s current CustomRom with femto unlock?

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Gonna follow up on this.

I’m planning to install an EOS intake manifold, run port injection and a top mount on my 2023 mt.

Should I wait for MHD’a new reflex release with femto unlock to do this or can it be done safely with BM3’s current CustomRom with femto unlock?
If you’ll wait then you could also wait for the BM3’s Rev2 board.

FluffyMangoes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra 3.0
A little off topic but im finding it hard to understand (for pre june 2020 ecus atleast) to pick bm3 over ecutek. i dont need FEMTO to upload racerom if going with ecutek like you have to do with BM3 to get customrom? so what is the point of customrom if its more risky having it sent to FEMTO instead of Ecutek's simpler install?

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Gonna follow up on this.

Great question. I’m wanting to run the same setup eventually. I don’t have a car yet but seriously thinking a 2020 is the easiest way to go and not deal with the cloning etc
Sponsored