Key Fob Battery Life

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
We’ve had a couple of icy mornings in the UK (nothing compared to what you guys get in the USA 🇺🇸). Opened the garage door and unusually for me used the Key Fob unlock button to unlock the doors …. Got nothing, tried the Boot button (Trunk) nothing, grabbed the door handle and car unlocked so figured it was the Key fob battery, changed it and everything works perfectly, so the battery is just over a year old , kept in a Faraday pouch when not in use ……. So just wondering how long you guys battery’s are lasting out there ???
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I had to replace mine already - bought the car new in April of 2021 and replaced it this past September 2023.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would say 2-3 years. It's a good habit to keep a fresh CR2032 in the glove box.

Reactions: zrk

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have a 2020. Replaced key fob battery twice already. Compare to other fobs, this battery life seems to be trash.

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
Once a year is standard on vehicles with push start and keyless entry. Even if its not showing signs of weakness, I pick a day in the year to replace them anyway along with other things that need batteries.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My main fob I've had to change once in the 2 years I've had the car, my spare fob that the PO sent me that battery doesn't seem to last 2-3 months. I replace it and 2-3 months later if we use it, its dead.
Sponsored