Key Fobs with multiple users...help

KDTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi All

My wife and I have been having problems with our key fobs and the user profile settings staying with the specific keys. Not sure what we are doing wrong, but sometimes when the other person gets in, it fails to recognize that persons key. (it still remembers my wifes, for example when I enter). I then, upon entering have to reach down and hit the seat number 2 button so the seat will go back and then go to "profile" and select my profile. All is great then, except when I exit. My wife must then do the same when she enters the car.

We had a 2015 BMW that remembered us (and our keys) and the settings automatically adjusted when you entered and started the car with your key. The Supra doesn't seem to remember like the BMW does.

Are we doing something wrong as far as shutting off? Do we need to lock the the car down every time upon exiting? ALso, FWIW, my wife likes to just keep her fob in her purse and doesn't want to get it out each time to unlock/locl, etc. She likes to lock with the door handle button and unlocks by putting her purse close to the handle.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions. Also, I have Bimmercode and am capable of doing some light coding if needed.

KD
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
This won't help you, but my wife and I have had 10 or so BMWs over the years. Most of them have the problems you describe. In my experience, the "key memory" basically doesn't work at all on nearly all of them. My fix is I've setup iDrive to show the driver profile on startup, and we just manually switch it when it suggests the wrong driver.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
There is a setting, I don't recall it's name now, but it says something along the lines "remember last seat position". Try toggling that off.
Sponsored