Lane Departure Warning Misfires

rx4mark

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium, 2019 Audi S5 Sportback
Has anyone else noticed that lane departure warning kicks in when there is a tarred crack in the road? Living in OH there are many long, long cracks in the road usually running 1-2 feet inside the right and left edges of the road. The tar can appear shiny and that seems to set it off.
Sponsored

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I have noticed that if the lane markings reflect well and appear shiny, the lane departure wanring works perfectly.
However in MN the lane markings are mostly faded and the lane departure warnings are hit or miss

I imagine this would perfectly in CA or TX where they have the proper reflectors on the lanes

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
yes. it would signal me even though im still in the lane. theres a specific portion of my freeway that theyre working on (lots of cracks and covered up old lane markers) which my supra still detects. I turned the lane departure assist off because it makes me swerve and i have to might it. but now i kind of noticed that my supra doesnt even signal me if im departing like it did before..

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
might need to clean the sensors.
Not sure where they are located but it might be good practice to clean them daily with an alcohol swab

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
might need to clean the sensors.
Not sure where they are located but it might be good practice to clean them daily with an alcohol swab
but when i turn on the "safety" as default it would pop up. but when i have it as "customized" it doesnt read the lanes.. :what::dunno: will try again when i drive it. ill try cleaning them too but i doubt it. ill try switching lanes without turn signals on "customized"

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
This system is just sensitive as it is meant to be used on the autobahn while traveling at 140mph . It works really good at super high speeds if it was any less sensitive it just wouldn't work right. Turn it off it this bothers you or you have poorly built roads in tour hometown.
Sponsored