Lane keep

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
I have an aftermarket steering wheel (installed myself). When I installed it everything seemed to be working fine. Over 4th of July I was cruising around and noticed I don't get the wheel vibration any more. I can hear it kicking in but no vibration. What could I have missed?
I didn't move anything when I had my wheel off so I'm a bit confused.
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
The vibration motor is in the wheel (that wide arm at the bottom). When you changed the wheel did you move that motor over to the new wheel and plug it back in?

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
The vibration motor is in the wheel (that wide arm at the bottom). When you changed the wheel did you move that motor over to the new wheel and plug it back in?
Yep. That was the first thing I thought of also. Is it possible for them to come loose? Only reason I ask is i can hear it clicking like it's working but not vibrating.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Did this ever get figured out? I am pretty sure I have this happening now, except I have the OEM wheel and have never messed with it or modded. It no longer vibrates at all and just makes a noise instead when it should be kicking in.

I honestly don't care that much and could just turn off the Lane Assist vibration, but still would prefer fixing it. I'm still in warranty (barely) but if this is an easy job (vibration motor just came loose, etc) I'd rather just fix it myself than risk dealership shenanigans.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Did this ever get figured out? I am pretty sure I have this happening now, except I have the OEM wheel and have never messed with it or modded. It no longer vibrates at all and just makes a noise instead when it should be kicking in.

I honestly don't care that much and could just turn off the Lane Assist vibration, but still would prefer fixing it. I'm still in warranty (barely) but if this is an easy job (vibration motor just came loose, etc) I'd rather just fix it myself than risk dealership shenanigans.
Just warranty it. But be warned that to fix it means to punch holes into the OEM wheel.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Well I partially (I think) fixed it... used the oldest fix in the book: smack it (the underside of the steering column) a few times. Now it actually vibrates the wheel again although it seems weaker than I remember and still louder than before but not as loud as it was yesterday. That said maybe I can't remember exactly how it used to be.

Just to check, for folks where this is working normally, can you hear any noise when it kicks in? Like at non-freeway speeds without music on, can you hear it?

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner

Nope... never figured it out.

With that being said I will try the concussive maintenance mentioned. Lol

My car is currently in a storage so it will be some time before I get out and try that method.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Nope... never figured it out.

With that being said I will try the concussive maintenance mentioned. Lol

My car is currently in a storage so it will be some time before I get out and try that method.
That’s known as the Fonzie method.
Sponsored