Leaking coolant and dealer won't fix

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I also understand the frustration also, though, where I live, a smaller Toyota dealership takes good care of mine and two of the techs in the dealership also have Supra's. In fact, the smaller town dealer I go to is better than the larger in town dealer nearby. I think it is hit and miss on this and I have heard stories about stealerships and crappy service. You will find this everywhere. Would you trust a C8 to any idiot in the Chevy dealership? I wouldn't, nope.

All Toyota dealerships only have one or two techs even authorized to touch them. My oil change did take longer because had to wait for the certified tech handle the car. Don't expect 15 min oil changes on a special car. Otherwise buy mass produced shit like the Yaris and Camry. ALWAYS visually inspect your car before leaving too.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
If the coolant was coming out of the reservoir, it's perfectly normal when your coolant is above the MAX LEVEL. As the car warms and gets hotter, the coolant bubbles and when it's above the MAX LEVEL, it can cause condensation that comes out.

Since now the level is below the MAX LEVEL, just clean off any crusty green gunk and you should be good. This happened to my Rav4 and the explanation and solution from Toyota was correct.
This is 100% accurate, and explained very well I might add!

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed some coolant on the side of the coolant reservoir and on the hoses nearby. I know it is coolant because it is green. Also, the coolant level for the main reservoir is now below the max. I checked to coolant level about a month ago and it was above max level.

So I decided to bring my car into the dealership to get it checked out and get the ECU recall done also. They told me the coolant level was normal and the green fluid was just condensation even though it was green. I wanted to speak the the tech and show him the leak but he just walked right pass me with no intention of hearing what I had to say. Talking to the service manager and showing him the green fluid was not successful either. I wanted them to do a pressure check but they said they didn't see enough fluid to warrant that. They said it had to be leaking on the ground.

I want to try a different dealership because I don't want that tech to touch my car but I think that I will get the same response. I head horror stories of dealerships but I didn't think they would just refuse to have my car properly checked for a leak when there obviously was one. I went to Autonation Toyota Hayward. I don't have much experience with dealerships so I'm not sure if this is normal behavior. Does anyone in the Bay Area, CA know of a dealership without an asshole tech?

Apologies for the rant.
Avoid Toyota 101 in Redwood City, they’re just as bad if not worse. I go to Santa Cruz Toyota, they have been pretty good to me so far. Definitely recommend them.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
My Supra is 75% DIY and 25% performance shop. Toyota is clueless. After my tires were rotated and the tech told me, “I hate working on these,” I never went back.
Mine is 98% DIY and 2% Tuner. I don’t trust any of the 4 dealerships in my area with my Supra.

I get it some people don’t have a choice. But at the very minimum people need to learn how to do their own oil changes.

-RJM
Sponsored