Leaking transmission issue

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Had my car towed tonight. It made an incredibly loud metal screeching/grating sound. Out of the blue.

What tipped you guys off who have had the transmission leak issue? Was it the sound?
Sponsored

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
Stone behind your brake heat shield? I've seen people saying that's been an issue on this car.

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
keep us updated. would like to know the cause . i havent heard anything like that and i guess ill have to check for leaks soon too. how common is this?

KyuMatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, R32 Skyline, 1989 240SX
I had a rock stuck behind my Brakes and shield once, apparently its a common issue in BMW's M cars. I ended up using the factory supplied screwdriver in your trunk, and tapping at the shield.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I had a rock stuck behind my Brakes and shield once, apparently its a common issue in BMW's M cars. I ended up using the factory supplied screwdriver in your trunk, and tapping at the shield.
How awesome are you guys.

It was indeed a rock stuck in the brake heat shield. I was able, thanks to you guys, to suggest that to the service agent.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Very common problem on sports cars with big rotors. Not something to freak out about or call a tow. Happens to me 1-2 times a year at least, on a variety of cars.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Very common problem on sports cars with big rotors. Not something to freak out about or call a tow. Happens to me 1-2 times a year at least, on a variety of cars.
Right. My rock—less than one centimeter in size—was wedged in such that I had no real choice other than to have it towed in (that way, no more damage).

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Right. My rock—less than one centimeter in size—was wedged in such that I had no real choice other than to have it towed in (that way, no more damage).
Nah, it won't really cause damage and is not something to call a tow for. I have had this happen dozens of times over the years and they always work themselves out. This is a very common thing and you should be prepared for it to happen again.
Sponsored