OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Skimmed this. Seems like turbo is shot regardless of how many miles are on it. Lots of Pure CHRA failures and leaks since they changed CHRA suppliers ~2020.
I mean the car is running like a champ. No issues at all. I am gonna take out the under panel today and see if I can see from under where the oil might be dripping because seems like the oil leaks might be where the oil feed line is connected

Reactions: zrk

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
You’re fine brother. My car is running fine too. I got my turbo is 2022 so it should be fine even if the previous CHRA supplier changed.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I think when you install the catch can both for pcv and ccv side of it it should help. As the oil is getting passed through the PCV and the bypass is leaving oil in the intake inlet and Chargepipe. My tuner said it will help and called pure turbo as well and they said it will help.

pure also recommended to get a breather for the oil cap instead and if we can connect or catch can straight to the inlet where you will capture the oil before it gets inside the inlet of the intake.

I ordered the dual catch can from radium. Hopefully it does help Bcz the bottoms of car, the panel is always in oil
I have a pure800 with same oil in intake/residue in charge pipe. Also have radium dual catch can. Still get oil in the same place without a drop in the catch cans. 550 dollars is a lot for catch cans when they do nothing.

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too late, I just installed mine last weekend. Im gonna check the catch can after 1k miles. I mean The PCV side is connected straight to the catch can (cup) so It wouldn't make sense if it catches nothing. I guess we wait and see. Just sucks knowing there is always oil there makes me worry.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2014 TRD Supercharged Tundra
Was about to order a dual catch setup or the Forge one as I'm also a Pure800 having sporadic white puffs of smoke mostly on idle at a light is when I notice it. Pure suggested venting PCV to atmosphere and capping or a catch can

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I checked the catch can after 300 miles. There was nothing in the cans. Looked brand new. My last guess is that my pure 800s seals are bad or something and oil is coming out of it. That is why I have build up oil in my lower chargepipe. In this case, Catch Cans wont help since the issue is where the oil is getting fed straight to the turbo from the feed line and bad seals are letting oil come out.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
My last guess is that my pure 800s seals are bad or something and oil is coming out of it. That is why I have build up oil in my lower chargepipe. In this case, Catch Cans wont help since the issue is where the oil is getting fed straight to the turbo from the feed line and bad seals are letting oil come out.
Literally what myself and @zrk have already stated numerous times.

Check check, is this mic on?

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeap you have. I just needed to confirm with myself as well haha. thanks though :)

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I will prolly switch to a different turbo set up. What do you guys run or recommend?

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Might not be the turbo, mine leaks too, but it’s leaking from above, the seal inside wears out or oil gets past it

IMG_5720.jpeg