Leaking Strut After H&R Spring Install

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I’ve never had any issues with any lowering springs on 4+ cars.

It will indeed wear the dampers down faster, but a PROPERLY INSTALLED set of lowering springs should not kill like-new OEM dampers after a couple months…
Sponsored

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I never was able to determine the exact cause but decided against taking a chance at blowing another stock strut. There were no signs of a faulty spring install, so not sure what caused the failure. I ended up going with BC coil overs, which in the end completely changed the handling and stability of car, so I have no regrets. I suspect this is a risk with any springs, not just H&R. This solved the clicking issue as well, but only for a few months, then came back. I’ve been dealing with that ever since but it hasnt caused any issues or affected the handling at all. I’ve had it inspected by Toyota and they say nothing is loose. I don’t know if the fact the car is lowered puts additional stress on other steering components, creating the noise or what, but would love to figure it out.

Keep in mind, if you go with coil overs, you’ll need the electronic damper delete kit also. I used the one from KW. You’ll lose that function but the coil overs ride so good, I haven’t missed it one bit.
I have a feeling mine will be inconclusive as well. I double checked my install and everything seems fine. What boggles my mind is that they failed in a few months? I’ve had lowering springs on my brz for years and those struts held up. Super strange. Which BC coilover did you go with? I’m thinking of going function form local here in SoCal or fortune auto.

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I’ve never had any issues with any lowering springs on 4+ cars.

It will indeed wear the dampers down faster, but a PROPERLY INSTALLED set of lowering springs should not kill like-new OEM dampers after a couple months…
Strange indeed. I saw a drip under my car near the wheel area and I had just done an oil change and thought it might have been some oil that leaked out when I took out the filter and thought nothing more of it. Fast forward to a drive to Disneyland and back. The next drive after I noticed a hollow sounding noise in very small bumps. That’s when I decided to check my springs only to find the whole wheel well damp with the fluid.
Sponsored